Health changes

Options
I wanna hear some great things that happened to you after weight loss ! How much have you lose and what health changes have you seen. Cholesterol, heart rate, other health conditions:-) sometimes hearing great things helps keep others motivated :-)

Replies

• WickedWitchy13
    WickedWitchy13 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That’s all amazing great job
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    GERD went away, which meant I began to sleep better...HDL went up, LDL went down, blood sugar went from 103 to 77, and has stayed there. Pretty much everything improved when I went from 202 pounds to 167 pounds. My BP did not improve, however, even when I got down to my current weight of 157-160. My BP was pretty normal anyway (120/70) before weight loss and remained the same after weight loss... that is, it did not change until I started running. Then my BP went down to 89/58 and has been that low ever since. Also my skin has improved a lot. It is more glow-y and less acne-prone.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Blood pressure down from borderline to high (140/80 or more), now solidly normally, usually 1-teens to 120 over 70-something. Triglycerides hit over 400 at one point, now solidly in the normal range (under 100). Chol/HDL ratio went from bad-news 5.9 to perfectly reasonable 3.1.

Bad knees hurt way less routinely, and less painfully when they do hurt. And there's just a general higher feeling of physical well-being: Lower systemic inflammation, maybe? I dunno.

And I just lost weight, about 50 pounds, from just over the line into class 1 obese, to BMI 22-point-something now. I didn't radically overhaul what I ate, mostly changed portions and relative proportions of foods. I didn't dramatically increase exercise; I was already quite active while obese.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!