Keto/Low Carb friends

Hi all, I've not been a "regular" here for a while but I'm back :)

From about 2014-2016, I lost a total of 75lbs and have been able to maintain (mostly) that loss give or take 5-10lbs fluctuation. MFP along with exercise and eating right, helped me tremendously on that journey. For the past year or so I've been SLACKING, hence the 5-10lb yoyo gain and loss. I have recently gotten serious about Keto and low carb dieting and want to make friends with the same diet/goal. I want to lose about 15-20 more lbs. If you are doing the keto thing I'd love for you to add me as a friend so I can stalk your diary lol. Of course, feel free to add me if you aren't doing Keto at all :) Thanks!!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Feel free to add me. I am doing keto for craving control and vanity weight
  • jessicaturner58
    jessicaturner58 Posts: 10 Member
    I wouldn’t say I’m doing full Keto but I am doing low carb. I started a little over a week ago and Ive been starting my day by substituting my breakfast with a protein shake and it makes me feel full for a long period of time. I try to eat a lot of protein for the rest of the meals and I do stay away from fruits because they hold a lot of carbs. I’ve done a lot of research on doing a low carb/ high protein diet and I have found a website called thinslimfoods.com that has low net carb breads, pastas, sweets, etc and it has been making this diet much easier! Feel free to add me!
  • mhughescmu
    mhughescmu Posts: 26 Member
    I started keto on December 7, 2019. I am in week 6 and down 18 pounds. Made first goal 215 in week 5. Now working on 205. Seem to be stuck, just working through it. I haven't cheated yet!
  • ClockWorKitten
    ClockWorKitten Posts: 55 Member
    I am doing carnivore, it's low carb so it kinda counts as keto lol.
  • muskieschaef
    muskieschaef Posts: 27 Member
    Add me. I’ve been keto for 4 years and now I’m on carnivore with intermediate fasting.
  • petergermanese
    petergermanese Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats on 4 years. Just starting keto myself
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    I have just started keto too. The best things I have noticed is that my cravings have really reduced and I actually feel full. I have stopped feeling like I need a late night snack too. Trying out new recipes is a lot of fun as well.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Quest chips! Loaded Taco is my favorite “tortilla” chips!
  • 57momagain
    57momagain Posts: 3 Member
    I started Keto, for the 2nd time, January 2. The first time I lost 20 lbs n gained back more. This time I'm also doing intermittent fasting from 6 pm-10 am. It's difficult to keep my carbs at 10% but I'm still moving along. 3 weeks at 7 lbs down.