The Anti Bucket List

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I would be a PE teacher for heavy and under privileged kids by day...

And an Indiana Jones stripper for all the teachers by night... 😏

Meanwhile, I'd just settle for being Indiana Jones, period.

Fify&m 😘

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    i'd like to be a famous movie star and rockstar or a famous writer
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited January 2020
    Always wanted to live off the grid. A secluded spot, grow my own food, live off the land kinda thing. But... I like my creature comforts too annnd I'm probably too lazy to really do it, I imagine it would be hard work.
    And I'd miss my family.

An interesting watch, maybe you can live vicariously for the duration of the film :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

be sure to check out the full docu

Thanks, that was interesting. I think maybe I should amend my idea off living off grid to add that the cabin would already be built and there would be a stream or creek nearby for water and I'd have food supplies until my garden would grow enough to support me. 🙂 And I wouldn't have to worry about the cold of winter, well cause Australia 😁 never even seen snow.
    Maybe add some company, ya know in case the nights get cool 😉
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Go on a solo backpacking trip in the wilderness.
    I'd like to think it would be peaceful and life-affirming, but I have a feeling it would just be lonely and scary.
    But in my head it's a good idea.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Here's a snapshot. I grew up in a very similar way with more snow that you can imagine. It was my father's dream and we went along for the ride. I wouldn't trade it for anything because we had to learn how to stand on our own two feet without help from anyone. There was no phone. No TV. No computers. No radio reception. No grocery stores. No foo foo coffee joints. No medical doctors or clinics. Trees and snow. Sunshine and summer. Fish, fish, fish and more fish. Books and writing letters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TYepdbTIog
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I don't know what it is with me but I kinda want to fight various animals, and win. A bear, a lion, shark, alligator. With the lion, for example, I'd want to get it in a headlock and choke it out.

😑
  • Diatonic12
    If you're here every day like me and some of you have more posts than anyone, you'd be very, very lonesome out in the middle of nowhere without anyone to talk to besides your family members. You like people, that's easy to see and so do I. You can't run to the store for anything and you have to rely on canned foods to get you by during the long, cold winter months. It sounds good on paper until you're actually doing it. There were some women/wives who literally lost their minds due to the isolation. Fish, fish, fish is caveman friendly. ;) We were healthy but variety is very nice.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I don't know what it is with me but I kinda want to fight various animals, and win. A bear, a lion, shark, alligator. With the lion, for example, I'd want to get it in a headlock and choke it out.

😑

No?

I’m not here to rain on your anti-bucket list 😬

..might just picket a little though
  • caco_ethes

😑

No?

All those animals have the upper hand :D

Was it not clear that your safety was my first priority? 😏
  • slimgirljo15
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    If you're here every day like me and some of you have more posts than anyone, you'd be very, very lonesome out in the middle of nowhere without anyone to talk to besides your family members. You like people, that's easy to see and so do I. You can't run to the store for anything and you have to rely on canned foods to get you by during the long, cold winter months. It sounds good on paper until you're actually doing it. There were some women/wives who literally lost their minds due to the isolation. Fish, fish, fish is caveman friendly. ;) We were healthy but variety is very nice.

Yup.. this is why it's on my antibucket list 😂
  • caco_ethes

😑

No?

All those animals have the upper hand :D

Was it not clear that your safety was my first priority? 😏

I'll wear a helmet

😆
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Snowboarding down a mountain side

I don’t even step outside if there’s a frost on the ground these days, but I still think it would be a fantastic feeling
  • Diatonic12

Stay here. Don't go. I did it once but that was enough for me. When I hear men all around me with wildly romantic, idealistic notions of living off the grid with a family I really want to say....I can't say it.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited January 2020

Stay here. Don't go. I did it once but that was enough for me. When I hear men all around me with wildly romantic, idealistic notions of living off the grid with a family I really want to say....I can't say it.

Yeah, I can't imagine a kids life like that. In my imaginings it's just me, but maybe a hunky neighbour a mile or two away would be ok.. like to help with heavy stuff 😏

How old were you when dad had this bright idea?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Yeah, I can't imagine a kids life like that. In my imaginings it's just me, but maybe a hunky neighbour a mile or two away would be ok.. like to help with heavy stuff 😏

How old were you when dad had this bright idea?

I live off the grid.

.... except for electricity, plumbing, air conditioning & wifi.

Although we do have a couple of fireplaces

and our neighborhood doesn't have sidewalks.

So, when I say 'off the grid', I really mean No Sidewalks.

It's a jungle out there.