Macro nutritions

Options
Hi! So I just started my weight loss journey, and I do not know what to set my macro nutrients to! All the calculators online are inaccurate so I thought I should ask the community. I am 18, and my height is 5’3 and I weigh 165 if that helps any one who can may help calculate my macro nutrients for me:/?? My goal is also to lose weight! Thanks guys! :)

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Why do you think the calculators are inaccurate?
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Just enter your daily activity level, age, height and weight into MFP. Set your goal to lose 1 lb/week. Add in any additional exercise (via tracker or manually).

Eat the calories and macros specified by MFP. Eat at least half of your exercise calories (up to 100% based on how accurate your exercise calories are calculated).

If you are hungry, try eating more protein or more fat (or more fiber or volume). What works for each person is variable.

If you are losing faster than 1 lb/week after the first month, eat more calories.

Don't make things too complicated.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    What's your goal? Knowing what you're trying to achieve will dictate how you should tailor your macros

A lifter will likely have a different macro profile than a cyclist who will have a different macro profile from someone who has decided to become fat adapted.

If your goal is just weight loss then as long as you're getting enough protein and fibre your macros don't really matter.