Brownies = Yummmm!

Options
I tied this sweet potato brownie recipe today, and I am really impressed. Lower calories and fat then your usual delicious brownie, and is super fudgy and dense.

https://detoxinista.com/sweet-potato-brownies/

Disclaimer: Nothing is wrong with full sugar full fat brownies. I love brownies in all forms and I believe everything in moderation is fine. These taste great and it’s just an added bonus that the calorie count is lower.

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I might have to make these next week or the week after, halving the recipe because I don't need 16 brownies. That and I'd use regular flour and regular sugar. What is the texture like? I'm also all about full fat/sugar recipes, but I also know that I'm having trouble cutting back on sweets.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Hmm, I might have to make these next week or the week after, halving the recipe because I don't need 16 brownies. That and I'd use regular flour and regular sugar. What is the texture like? I'm also all about full fat/sugar recipes, but I also know that I'm having trouble cutting back on sweets.

Easy fix: just cut the pan of brownies into four pieces. :wink:
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

The texture and flavors were great, if I had not been the one to make them, I would have thought they were regular brownies. My kids and husband all commented on how good they were, they did not know it was a “healthy” recipe. They just thought I made regular brownies as a treat.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Error.