Any other WFPB or Plant Based folks here?

Options
Just starting again for the umpteenth time. Have about 100lbs to lose. Have recently (Apr 2019) gone Plant Based. Blood work has improved, sleep has improved, but the weight has been stagnant. So, kicking out the vegan processed foods and back to tracking. Would love some friends for the journey! (Even if you're not plant based, I am a very accepting person! 😊)

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Welcome! You might enjoy checking out this group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

Some WFPB people, as well as vegetarians, others, and those who just like talking about eating plants.
  • MaggieEric
    MaggieEric Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am reading the book "how not to diet" by Michael Greger. I've been vegan since July 2019. I'm reading books and cookbooks to stay on track and keep motivated. This one is awe inspiring!
  • Lanie2012
    Lanie2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    kikishelle wrote: »
    Just starting again for the umpteenth time. Have about 100lbs to lose. Have recently (Apr 2019) gone Plant Based. Blood work has improved, sleep has improved, but the weight has been stagnant. So, kicking out the vegan processed foods and back to tracking. Would love some friends for the journey! (Even if you're not plant based, I am a very accepting person! 😊)

Feel free to add me! I am also a WFPB, trying to be no oil as well but that stuff sneaks in everywhere! Starting to log daily again, and reading "The Starch Solution" for motivation.

• Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    MaggieEric wrote: »
    I am reading the book "how not to diet" by Michael Greger. I've been vegan since July 2019. I'm reading books and cookbooks to stay on track and keep motivated. This one is awe inspiring!

I've been reading that too! It's just fabulous. Been maintaining for years but mostly thru starving for five days, eating junk for a couple days. Got tired of eating meat and picked up that book. After three days of eating unlimited whole grains, fruit, veg, nuts and beans I'm so full I can't eat another thing, feel great, under my 1200 (old and short) and lost weight. I'm thrilled...and not hungry...
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Goober1142 wrote: »
    MaggieEric wrote: »

I've been reading that too! It's just fabulous. Been maintaining for years but mostly thru starving for five days, eating junk for a couple days. Got tired of eating meat and picked up that book. After three days of eating unlimited whole grains, fruit, veg, nuts and beans I'm so full I can't eat another thing, feel great, under my 1200 (old and short) and lost weight. I'm thrilled...and not hungry...

To be fair, anyone who drastically increases fiber like that will indeed be fuller than they can stand.

Over a decade plant based, here.
  • Pennylite
    Pennylite Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love Chef AJ’s recipes on YouTube. Filling nutritious & WFPB
  • MusicLoverZae
    MusicLoverZae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. Starting the 22 day revolution (wfpb) challenge tomorrow. Need a lot of self love & some supportive friends!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,729 Member
    Options
    I've been plant based for years now, stared out pescatarian, and now vegan. Please feel free to add me 😊
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Me, me! Please feel free to add me too!
  • antonia_yes
    antonia_yes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am vegan - husband turned vegan 2013 and I slowly made my way there over the following few years :)
    I am in the UK
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Yes WFPB and Vegan :) I also suggest Food Revolution Summit which is incredible! Google and the videos- info and doctors are AMAZING ! It is international on line ALL about WFPB Living.
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly transitioning over. I still have things in my freezer I wont just throw away but am working towards wfpb, or vegetarian at the very least.