Are you not entertained?

Options
cgrout78
cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
41 year old snarky female who speaks fluent movie and music quotes

I hate dieting, trying to learn to love exercise again and somehow found myself in a 6 week crash challenge to get me off my butt.

Looking for like minded friends who will keep me accountable and amused as we trudge our way through a life without our favorite foods and learning to love sweat.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me ....I just re started my journey again on Jan. 1st after an 8 month foot injury...I love to walk my dogs and do aerobics...hopefully you can find something you love :)
  • la_maestra
    la_maestra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me. I, too, speak in movie quotes and music lyrics from time to time. Lol! And I'm right there with you on this fitness journey. I totally get it! We can do this, though!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Added you both!!!
  • Yyclovely
    Yyclovely Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me too, 35 and trying to find some exercise I love too keep up to my uber athletic kids & husband :) Bonus points for serving up some sarcasm along the way!
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Snarky I am...but you'll never get me to like sweat. Nope, nada, not gonna happen. Ladies dont sweat, they 'glisten' so my grandmother once told me. Feel free to add me :D
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of obnoxious and post about <gasp> non-fitness things...but I'm always up for more friends...if you think you can stand it...
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I've never made it past day 1 with anything that could be considered a "diet" other than just counting calories and learning portion control. In the time I've used MFP I have not touched a salad, haven't juiced or fasted or cut carbs, and it seems to work fine for me.

For me working out really does need to involve doing an activity I love (or at least doing less fun workouts that make me better at the activity I love). I grew up as a very indoor, artsy child - never played any sports and ditched PE to moonlight in band class, so getting into fitness as an adult has required some experimentation.
  • rockbam123
    rockbam123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love to quote music, trying to relate great lines to things that happen in everyday life. Sweat is good!
  • jessstere
    jessstere Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Also I don't consider calorie counting as dieting. I just tracked my first week of normal eating then focused on getting all I need without consuming as many calories. Seems to be working so far lol
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I only speak Simpson quotes.