Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Excellent advice above. I started with walking. I could barely walk 1/4 mile. In a few months I could walk a 5k. I also recommend strength training beginning of course with light weights. I worked with a trainer so hopefully someone else can recommend a basic program. It is frustrating that most workout programs are for more advanced people. It’s perfectly ok to modify and reduce back to what you can do. It’s a long process but you can do it!

@lorrpb does incredible bike rides through amazing scenery. Sprint triathlon too? Really come a long way.

Yes I’ve done a few tris! Can’t wait to get back to biking season. I’ve tried the trainer but it’s torture 🤪

Yeah I agree. I used to use one outside. Little bit better for my cabin fever. And if it rains, well, I can go in any time I like, I don't have to ride an hour home first. But it definitely made me the crazy guy of the neighborhood.

How far are you from Hurricane Ridge? Have you ever tried snowshoeing or Nordic skiing? Winter used to be really hard for me, now I'm sad when it's over.

When we lived in upstate NY I did some xc and snowshoeing. I was much younger then and it was fun, but we moved out here to get away from cold and snow🤣.