Day 1- Do people come to the group chats for support?

Good morning! Do I come to the group chats for support? Ie. I am trying to stay strong and avoid the donuts at work todayzzzx

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    Welcome.

I think people use the forums for all kinds of things.

There is a specific support forum: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Welcome! You can get support here in the forums (especially for specific questions or in the motivation section), but -- as you asked -- there also are groups to join (often groups for challenges) where you can get more specific support depending on what you want. Some also find it helpful to interact with friends on their feed too.

When I first started I happened upon a group challenge (themed around upcoming holidays -- goals for Valentine's Day or some such, usually a 6-10 week period), and found that very helpful. You'd set your own goals and talk to others about difficulties and successes.

The Harry Potter and Harry Potter spinoff were challenges I enjoyed too, although those were more competitive and structured.

If you are eating a certain way there are groups for that that can be fun too, especially if there's a learning curve (the low carb group is one of the most active, and there's a vegan/vegetarian group that's good).

In the challenges section there are threads for people trying different things that can be supportive.

I'd search the groups but many aren't active, so I'd also check the challenges thread for new groups forming if that's something that interests you.
  • amtbhatnagar
    amtbhatnagar Posts: 94 Member
    thats a great idea to have chat group very useful
  • Warriormonk73
    Warriormonk73 Posts: 38 Member
    Good morning! Do I come to the group chats for support?

As said above, we all come for different reasons - some come to get others to give and in giving support we get it back.

So stay strong and stay off the Donuts!