Are you interested in joining a new challenge group? Don't miss out on the next round of our BIGGEST LOSER TEAM CHALLENGE that will be running February 3rd - April 5th!!
If you're looking for some motivation, encouragement and great people to chat with...a team challenge might be for you! Join our next round for a chance to compete with multiple teams while challenging yourself at the same time. This is also a great way of staying on track and remaining accountable during the upcoming holiday's! Let us help you to help yourself!!
As we say goodbye to winter and greet the spring and the beach days with open arms, it is time yet again to begin a new round of the BLC! Below are the challenge dates, rules and regulations for the upcoming Biggest Loser Challenge.
The initial weigh in will be open from Thursday, January 30th - Sunday, February 2nd @ 10:00 pm PST. Please read over the dates and the rules for the challenge that are listed below and if you are interested, please request to join the group here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge
Please take a few minutes to read through the challenge calendar as well as the rules and regulation of our amazing Biggest Loser Challenge, while paying extra attention to rules #5 and #6. Thank you
Thursday, January 30th - Sunday, February 2nd: Initial Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, February 3rd: Week 1 Begins (Check the forum to see which team you are on, and the challenges for the week!)
Thursday, February 6th- Sunday, February 9th: Week 1 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, February 10th : Week 2 Begins and Week 1 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST (Check the forum to see the results from the previous week's weigh in every Monday.)
Thursday, February 13th - Sunday February 16th: Week 2 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, February 17th: Week 3 Begins and Week 2 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, February 20th - Sunday, February 23rd: Week 3 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, February 24th: Week 4 Begins and Week 3 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, February 27th - Sunday, March 1st: Week 4 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, March 2nd: Week 5 Begins and Week 4 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, March 5th - Sunday, March 8th: Week 5 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, March 9th: Week 6 Begins and Week 5 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST (Officially Halfway!)
Thursday, March 12th - Sunday, March 15th: Week 6 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, March 16th: Week 7 Begins and Week 6 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, March 19th - Sunday, March 22nd: Week 7 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, March 23rd: Week 8 Begins and Week 7 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, March 26th - Sunday, March 29th: Week 8 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, March 30th: Week 9 Begins and Week 8 Results posted by 12:00 pm PST
Thursday, April 2nd - Sunday, April 5th: Week 9 Weigh In (closes at 10:00 pm PST)
Monday, April 6th 2020: FINAL RESULTS POSTED!
Challenge Rules (subject to discussion and change):
1) Several teams compete, with up to 30 members each. Which team you are a member of is decided by the power of The Almighty Spreadsheet. Please respect the other members of your team! Everyone has a valid opinion, and we want to provide an open space for them to share it.
2) Each group will have their own thread. Please keep all group discussions in this thread, as making multiples threads per group makes it harder for us (the moderators) to keep track of everything and keep things organized. Please help us, help you.
If you would like to post about a topic not related to your group, please feel free to start a conversation in one of our general discussion boards that are open to all teams and members. Otherwise, each team will have one thread for discussion.
3) Weigh in rules...
1) ONLY post ONCE per week.*
2) ONLY post in POUNDS.
3) PLEASE NO extra COMMENTS in your post.
*If you need to change your posted weight, we ask that you message one of us and we will make the change.
These simple rules will make it easier for us to log your weight into the spreadsheet. Weigh-ins will always open on Thursdays, no later than 12:00 noon PST and close on Sundays at 10:00 pm (PST; Pacific Time US)! This will happen in the form of a new thread each week (e.g. WEEK 1 WEIGH IN THREAD) which will be posted on the group's forum. Late/miss placed weights will not be accepted. You MUST weigh in on the thread and in the time allotted. We will then enter all the data and post the results of each weigh-in by Monday at noon, 12:00 pm PST at the latest.
4) The first weigh-in (the Initial weigh-in) establishes your "beginning" weight for the purpose of calculating percentage lost. The team with the highest percentage of weight lost during the challenge will be our official challenge winners. NOTE: Please make sure that you accurately post your initial weight, and your weight for all following weigh-ins. We encourage everyone to accurately post their weights, and follow a healthy weight loss plan. Really, at the end of the day, the goal of this competition is to motivate one another to work towards the ultimate goal -- a healthy, long, and happy life (and safe weight loss to get there)!
5) 3 Strikes and you're out: Missing 3 weigh-ins disqualifies you from the competition and puts you onto the Cheerleader's squad. These weights will no longer count for your original team. Members of the Cheerleader team will not be ranked for the purposes of this challenge, but they are still encouraged to weigh-in each week. They may also participate in the threads and challenges hosted by competing teams. It is imperative that each member continue to participate for the duration of the challenge because once we start losing members of our teams, it will start to take a toll on the final numbers and the morale of the team may start to dwindle. If you KNOW that you're going to miss a weigh-in, please message Wiccandothis
and we'll re-post your previous week's weight - so you will not receive a strike.
6) This is a 9 week challenge, before posting your initial weight and being assigned a team, please make sure you are ready to participate for the full nine weeks. I CANNOT MAKE THIS STATEMENT BOLD ENOUGH!!
It is not fair to yourself or your team to begin a challenge that you do not intend to finish. We are all here to help each other. If you are having a hard time staying on track, please do not drop out…turn to your team for help. If you are having a bad week and have a gain instead of a loss - log it and move on. Each day is a new day so we have many chances to continue on and be our best. Please participate in your team threads as much as possible. We are all here to help each other and keep each other motivated for the duration of the challenge. Many great friendships have started here so please take advantage of it!
7) We will set challenges every week (at least one nutrition and one fitness based) and encourage everyone to participate as much as possible. This will usually be posted within the weigh in thread on Thursday (as a heads up for the following week) and also on Monday at the bottom of the results from the previous week. In addition to the challenges we set, your group may decide to do additional challenges. You may also pick and choose from the challenges we set. It is up to the teams!
8) New members and returning members must join the group and log a starting weight BEFORE the October 20th deadline, after that new members to the group will be put on a waiting list or may be added to a team depending on how many members each team has. Non-members can either visit the group's homepage (http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/23818-biggest-loser-team-challenge
) to request to join the group, or they can send a direct message to Wiccandothis
. All applicants will be accepted within 24 hours, so please check back on the group page to see that you have been accepted as we no longer send acceptance messages. Once accepted, you can look around, get acquainted with our page and post your weight in the weigh in thread.
9) Each team will top out at 30 members, after that every one who joins will be added to the wait list. Those added to the wait list can post their weight through the weigh in thread each week like the rest of us so they can keep track of their progress. The week you are moved from the wait list and on to a team is when your weight will be transferred and carry on from that point forward. For example; if a member is added at week 5, their weight for weeks 1-5 will be the same. That way their loss (or gain) will not skew the results or progress the teams have made at that point.
We hope you will come join us in our continued journey.