Getting comfortable losing weight

Options
How does everyone get comfortable losing weight?

I have my current goal weigh which is in 7 pounds. Beyond that how do I get comfortable with the idea of losing weight? I’ve been making the goal to lose 10 pounds, then 10 pounds.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. I assume you want to lose weight. What is it about making progress toward your goal that makes you uncomfortable? (Not trying to be snarky or even Socratic. While I could try guessing what the issue is, it seems more efficient if you just tell us.)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I have to say I'm confused by your question. It sounds like you have already decided to lose weight, set a goal, and maybe even lost weight and reached a small goal multiple times? What makes you uncomfortable about losing weight?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What makes you feel uncomfortable about it? If you share the specifics, you may get more useful answers.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Don't restrict yourself too much by eating too little calories in order to lose as fast as possible
    Don't eliminate foods, just work on portion control
    Log your food before you eat it so you know how many calories your about to eat and you can adjust those calories

Plug your info into MFP accurately to get your calorie goal
    Eat back your exercise calories (or at least 50% of them)

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Maybe focus on behaviour goals and what makes you feel your best rather than focussing on specific weight goals. Such as focussing on eating when sitting down, without distraction, eating slowly and really noticing the food you're eating (as opposed to randomly grabbing food on the fly, eating mindlessly or while preparing food in the kitchen, scarfing down food late at night while watching tv), trying to focus on the quality of your food, such as having veggies with meals and so on, getting to bed on time and optimizing sleep, getting some form of movement every day. Focussing on implementing healthy habits and behaviours and focussing on what makes you feel good and healthy may be less frightening and more approachable than focussing on your weight and body image from the get go. If you feel like you self sabotage your weight loss efforts because you are scared of losing your "protective pounds" maybe don't focus on the pounds and focus on the health enhancing habits instead. It's just a thought. Potentially also having a support system and someone to talk to about your fears and apprehensions might help.
  • IAmWomanHearMeRoar15
    Options
    My post cut off.

My goal weight is 2 pounds per week with an overall goal of 310. I’m not sure how to get comfortable going below 310.