Heart Rate Monitor feedback while sick

Options
kdbulger
kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
I'm anecdotally curious about what you may have noticed about your heart rate data when you're sick with a virus or infection.

I've noticed my body works harder when I am sick - my daily average resting heart rate goes up a few points, and my heart rate data will translate into more 'activity' calories burned for simple things like walking (not on purpose). It's not dramatic but it's a noticeable change in the data.

Have others noticed the same? If you all tell me you haven't noticed it I may talk to my doctor about why my heart has to work so hard when sick.

Replies

• LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Google is probably your friend in this quest
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    Google is probably your friend in this quest

Fair point, thanks. I just went right to the biggest population of fitness tracker wearers I could think of.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    kdbulger wrote: »
    I'm anecdotally curious about what you may have noticed about your heart rate data when you're sick with a virus or infection.

I've noticed my body works harder when I am sick - my daily average resting heart rate goes up a few points, and my heart rate data will translate into more 'activity' calories burned for simple things like walking (not on purpose). It's not dramatic but it's a noticeable change in the data.

Have others noticed the same? If you all tell me you haven't noticed it I may talk to my doctor about why my heart has to work so hard when sick.

Yes, this is pretty normal considering your body is fighting off infection. I notice this with injury as well. My blood pressure is typically elevated when I'm sick as well and when I'm in pain from an injury.

If you think about it, it makes sense...your body is working to repair damage and/or fight off a virus or bacterial infection.
  • jacktherower
    jacktherower Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You heart will work harder when you talk to me.