My first FIGURE competition!

Options
This was a long journey that started with changing my eating habits in my final year of undergrad and slowly transformed into major lifestyle changes. From 2009-2013 I adopted a healthier lifestyle, pole fitness, and bodybuilding as part of my life.

I stepped on stage for the first time July 13th 2013 and placed 4th in my division (Figure). In 2009 my BF% was 35%, at the start of my cut cycle this year it was 12.5% from the changes I had made since 2009. When I stepped on stage I was at 8%. I am now 1 month post competition and still at a lean 8.8%- It's GROW time, putting on some muscle for my three competitions next year. 2014 will be my year!

150413_10101212500341613_1939274125_n.jpg

1075724_10101211472182053_1410605159_n.jpg

Believe in yourself and you can achieve anything!

Find my food logs on MFP @verticallyfit
Find recipes on instagram @verticallyfit

If you have questions.. ask! I'm currently completing my Ph.D in Health Education and Promotion at the University of Alabama (Roll Tide) so i'm an open book!

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    You have experienced quite a transformation! Clearly, you have worked very hard on your achievement. Congratulations on your placement in your recent competition.

While not everyone has a goal to participate in body building competitions, your success proves how much one can accomplish with persistence and dedication to one's goals.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    That transformation is F'in awesome.
  • mdn15
    mdn15 Posts: 145
    Options
    wow. amazing...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hot. Amazing transformation and congrats on really getting out there and getting it done.

Also Hot. Did I say hot?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!! Putting that education to great use - you have the book smarts, and the practical experience to match it. Can't wait to hear about the next competition!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication there!
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing! Way to go! You look gorgeous!

What is your height?

Ohhhh and ROLL TIDE! :wink:
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Very nice!! Congratulations!
  • lnxjenn
    lnxjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! And Congrats on the placement! :) You are definitely an inspiration!
  • verticallyfit
    verticallyfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone this has been the most amazing journey. I've learned that support is everything, having my lift partners and the support from my dietitians/coaches has made me push that much harder to hit my goals.

Of course everyone's end goal isn't a bodybuilding competition, but making sure you surround yourself with positive people who encourage your journey rather than hinder it is extremely important.

I'm 5ft 10.5 :smile:
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    you have a great shape, where would you be looking to add muscle for 2014?
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! :smile:
  • verticallyfit
    Options
    MoLove2013- For next season my muscles need to be a bit fuller and more developed. I went into this competition with "what I had laying around" so to speak. The muscles I had gained from pole fitness and living an active lifestyle. This off season i'm spending the time to better develop areas like shoulders and back that are important to a figure competitors physique.

You improve upon your flaws and embrace your assets in the competitive BB world; because at the end of the day you are your only competition.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Holy Cr@p, amazing job.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Holy Cr@p, amazing job.

^this

and WHOA!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Holy Cr@p, amazing job.

^this

and WHOA!

Agreed!! You are absolutely stunning and have achieved an amazing physique. Well done!
  • verticallyfit
    Options
    you have a great shape, where would you be looking to add muscle for 2014?

MoLove2013- For next season my muscles need to be a bit fuller and more developed. I went into this competition with "what I had laying around" so to speak. The muscles I had gained from pole fitness and living an active lifestyle. This off season i'm spending the time to better develop areas like shoulders and back that are important to a figure competitors physique.

You improve upon your flaws and embrace your assets in the competitive BB world; because at the end of the day you are your only competition.
  • verticallyfit
    Options

What is your height?

Ohhhh and ROLL TIDE! :wink:

5ft 10.5 inches
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!