New feature Garmin is offering

Options
I just checked in to my Garmin app (I have the Vivofit 2 tracker) and it is now offering a menstrual tracker. Great idea but 10 years too late for me. I can definitely see how it would be handy both when I was in my prime childbearing years and also for tracking when I was entering menopause. Doctors always want to know when menopause officially happened (one year after last period).

BTW, for anyone entering menopause, I found weight loss to be easier, not harder. True, my body shape changed but it was great not having the hormones cycling with the PMS bloating and general weirdness happening every month (not to mention easier on the pocketbook since I am still in the stage where I need neither sanitary protection nor incontinence protection).

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Yeah it comes in quite handy for me, it's been around the app for about 8 months now I think. Means I get a heads up now which is useful as I try to remember to up my calories/carb intake a little during PMS week to combat all out bingeing.
  • helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yes, i’ve been using it since April. My schedule isn’t quite regular enough to use it for planning (but i’m not complaining about being a bit early this month as it means it will have finished before I go on holiday on Saturday!)
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've been using it since it came in but I already tracked my period using the "period tracker" app. Garmin isn't as accurate for me and I find the interface for it a bit confusing.