Breastfeeding calories

Exclusively breastfeeding a new baby! How do you adjust your calorie count in the app? Add on exercise for the approx amount burned? Thanks!

Replies

• meganlferry
    meganlferry Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats! My LO is 16 months but still breastfeeds a lot during the day and night. I think I am just going to skip entering my morning coffee (cream and sugar) and maybe splurge on a bite or two uncounted throughout the day and see what happens. If I’m not losing weight with this method I will get more strict with it. If your LO is really young I’d maybe add it as an exercise of like 500 calories a day or something and see if you are losing weight with that?
  • InspiredBrunette
    InspiredBrunette Posts: 43 Member
    Eat at maintenance that’s what i do
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I've seen many new moms post that they eat at their weight's maintenance and let breastfeeding create their deficit. I believe there are entries also you can use, either as an exercise, or as a negative value in the food log

Congrats!
  • quebooboo
    quebooboo Posts: 13 Member
    There is an option for "breastfeeding" in the food log with your desired calorie allotment depending on your baby's and amount you are nursing. For example: I'm still exclusively breastfeeding my 9 month old and I choose the 500 calorie option. I also eat back at least 50% of my exercise calories and 100% if I'm starving.
  • kpoe1981
    kpoe1981 Posts: 14 Member
    Another reason I wish I could breastfeed my 8 week old...500 cals is a lot!