Restarted the 3rd time - 4lbs down so far

Options
I felt like I hit a plateau or my body was just resistant or maybe I wasn’t doing a good job tracking my calories. I restarted my weight loss in September at 160lbs and didn’t lose anything in 2 months. I decided to give my body a break. I stopped all exercising and all food tracking from mid November to end of December. I ate whatever I wanted with no physical activity. I read an article about gaining weight to lose weight. I know it sounds weird. I was at 162lb and I gained to 164lb. I’m not sure how much of that was just hormonal water gain. Anyway I restarted the day after Christmas as my 2020 new year resolution and so far I’m down 4lbs. It’s slow but it’s coming off. I’m 5’2” so I have to be mindful of calories. I’m back down to 160lb. Summer goal is 140’s and ultimately goal weight is 138-135lb. My lowest was 138lb February of 2018.

Anyway you can see my baby progress below.
4920a5baqu71.jpeg

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Averaging a pound per week isn't slow, that's pretty much spot on the amount of weight loss you should be aiming for.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Nothing like keeping good data!! Keep up the good work :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    You flipped a negative sign near the bottom, or my screen is too small!!!

If you're accurately counting all calories in; all calories out count to calculate your purported deficit. Not just the active. But your Total daily energy expenditure (TDEE).

• MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    You flipped a negative sign near the bottom, or my screen is too small!!!

If you're accurately counting all calories in; all calories out count to calculate your purported deficit. Not just the active. But your Total daily energy expenditure (TDEE).

Yeah I forgot to include the negative signs for numbers at the bottom. Based on my calculations I’ve consistently been in a deficit since December 25. Granted these are all estimates, my intake calories are from MFP based on every food I eat which I weigh on my food scale. My activity calories are from my Garmin connect app. I used a Forerunner 35 Garmin fitness watch. My activity calories include my basal metabolic rate plus everything I burn from walking 15-16,000 steps a day. I assume since I am losing weight the calculations are close to accurate.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    IF the activity calories include basal, then they are, indeed, your TDEE estimate and the appropriate measurement.

I though you were using "active" calories which I see on a few devices, and which do not include the BMR/RMR component.

A long time ago in a universe far away I had shared this similar purpose spreadsheet that I used to use: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VDmqNpLPu7sbQSochUJNXdp2F7AN15AGgkvS3zLw1GU/edit?usp=sharing

And yes, your rate of loss is fast--not slow! There is no reason/point/benefit to trying to over-restrict or to be putting a TIMELINE to weight management! You don't get to goal and stop.

Weight management (if you want to keep the loss) will be around for the foreseeable future! I would suggest a minimum time horizon of 5 years, at which point your chances of maintaining a 10% weight loss increase substantially over the 2 year mark, which is already an astronomical increase as compared to the 6 month mark! :wink:

Real goal is to use the time of weight loss to setup the processes you can keep on keeping on with!

Weight trend app and comparing at the same point in a menstrual cycle other water retention issues being equal may give you more peace of mind that you remain on the right path!