POLAR F11 battery replacement...

Families_R_Forever
Families_R_Forever Posts: 630
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anybody ACTUALLY sent it to the dealer to be changed...is it costly? I have read posts where some of you took it to a jewlerly store...but I would like it to still be water proof...

Replies

• SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    It's not water proof if you change it yourself? I changed mine myself and it seems to be fine.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    the only drawback of having a retailer replace it, it will void the warranty. Like SNF, I've changed my 3-4 times and it still works in the water.

EDIT: I don't have an F-11 though, but older model
  • andipanda
    andipanda Posts: 6
    Yes, I have sent my POLAR watch and bands back to the company and they do a fine job and it is reasonably prices.
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    I took mine to radio shack and they guy helped me put the new battery in. He just said to make sure this little seal went back in the right way. Works fine for me.
  • THANKS! Maybe I will give it a shot at radio shack or somewhere...:flowerforyou: I was not sure if it would still be waterproof or not...sounds like if you get the seal in right it is fine.
  • I used to work at a watch store when I was younger and would replace the batteries in various watches. If you want the watch to be water proof you would have to replace the gasket with a new one and use a little silicon on it. Otherwise, the watch will be water resistant. Unless you swim in it, you should be fine without the new gasket. I sweat so much at the gym I literally have a meltdown LOL and I have no issues without replacing the gasket. Once in awhile though, the gasket will expand and if you pinch it when you put the back on the watch, then you will have moisture issues. Till then, keep hitting the gym and track your progress.
This discussion has been closed.