Hourly Fitness (exercise) Snacks at the office

A few of our young twenty-something’s, last week, randomly decided to do push-ups at the top of every hour. 5, 10, 30...whatever you felt like doing. The next day I suggested crunches to give (me) some push-up recovery time. This week it has spread to the other half of the building. There are about 8-10 of us doing them now.

We call these very short breaks ‘fitness snacks’. They last a minute or two at most. Surprisingly the day seems to go by much faster now. I can’t keep up with the youngsters, but I can do more this week than last. Some that can’t do push-ups are doing planks (awesome!)

M-W-F are push up days. T-Th are plank days.

In my opinion, the hardest push up is the first one...but once you are down there it is easy to keep going. Imagine going home from work having banged out 5, 30, or even 50+ push ups during the work day.

Replies

• Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 324 Member
    Wow. Cool idea!!
  • beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    I love that idea! How very clever! 🤗
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Even outside of the fitness benefits, that sounds like a great way to break up any monotony.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    That's a great idea. I love it. The office dress code would have to accommodate it, though. I wouldn't fancy exercising in a pencil skirt and heels. Fortunately I work from home - so maybe I will start that policy.