Hi! Add me for 2020 goals! (I need help) 👙

Hi! I’m looking too loose weight! Been on track since the 6th January 2020 but I thought I’d start logging my calories. So. I’m aiming for 2 pounds a week. MFP gave me 1300 on lightly active. However it gave me 1630 on active. My daily activity includes being on my feet and active at work for 3-4 hours sometimes 5 rarely 6 at work. I also do various light workouts that take 45 minutes (walking, toning without weights) I was just wondering what you thought my activity level was? I settled on 1500 in the end as 1300 I was struggling eating that low when I got hungry. Not eating workout calories back as I never do.

Replies

• LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    Is it a weight thing or a toning thing you are trying to achieve? 2 pounds a week for how long? youll lose a lot of muscle trying to consistently lose 2 pounds a week.

Do you dislike lifting weights? Lifting weights is the best way to tone and lose fat in my opinion. You may not lose weight but your clothes would see the difference.
  • RevGym2
    RevGym2 Posts: 252 Member
    I will be your friend.
  • LiftNRiot wrote: »
    Is it a weight thing or a toning thing you are trying to achieve? 2 pounds a week for how long? youll lose a lot of muscle trying to consistently lose 2 pounds a week.

Do you dislike lifting weights? Lifting weights is the best way to tone and lose fat in my opinion. You may not lose weight but your clothes would see the difference.

Lift, I tone using my own body weight you know like squats, Pilates, etc. I enjoy cardio more but at the same time I just want to make sure everything looks perky and not flat lol. I have got A LOT to lose so was looking to do more weight lifting towards the end and when I’m maintaining to shape my body I think.. My main question was about my calorie intake. I think 1300 is too low for my weight and what I do in the day. I’ve settled on 1500.

• Sylphadora
    Sylphadora Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2020
    Just sent you a request ;) I think your activity level would classify as moderate activity. I think you did well by settling on 1500 because if you were struggling on 1300 that was not sustainable and you need a plan you can comply with, even if you lose 1 pound per week instead of 2lbs. Slow and steady wins the race. May I suggest intermittent fasting if you are not doing it already? It can boost weight loss.

@LiftNRiot Completely agree on lifting weights being the best way to lose fat. It increases your metabolism. Muscle is the most metabolically active tissue in the body so if you increase your muscle mass you need to eat more calories to maintain it. It's the main reason I lift weights, lol
  • sarahjen92
    sarahjen92 Posts: 64 Member
    I personally set mine to “sedentary” and just add in the activity on my own. My job and general lifestyle is active, but I would rather have the calories set lower.

If it’s not too nosy, what are your stats? I’m currently 125 lb at 5’. I shoot for 1,200-1,300 calories, but will eat closer to 1,500 if I’m extra hungry or know I need the calories.

It also depends on your current eating habits. If you’ve been overeating regularly, you WILL feel more hungry as you adjust to a better food intake. Your body is used to getting more fuel than it needs.

But like the others said, losing more than a pound a week usually isn’t suggested. You’ll lose more at the beginning (water weight), then taper down to a healthier loss.

Make sure you don’t slack on protein and healthy fats, and adding weights right now would probably be better. It’ll boost your fat loss and help keep you from losing muscle as you diet.

I’ll send you a friend request. I’m a work-in-progress myself 🙂