A bit confusing with creating own meals

Jar15a
Jar15a Posts: 1 Member
I have been using MFP for a some time and still am a bit confusing how to use "create your own meal" correctly.
For example; tuna pasta meal: 105 g tuna(85kcal/100g), 75g pasta(348kcal/100g) I eat this meal, lets say 85g's.
So if I feed 0,85 to program as normally with one single food, this gaves me all values wrong because total values for the meal are 180g and 433 kcal in a database.
Meaning above gives me total meal 180kcal/200g.
Or if I use values that are for 100g each food, program thinks I'm eating the whole meal, 200g.

How do I put these so the total meal is kcal/100g? Doesn't the program calculate this for kcals/100g, or is it premium program feature?
This far I had to calculate total kcal's for each meal by excel. Pretty hard when we have program that should do it easily.
Hope you understand what I mean. Did not find messages regarding this so I think I do something totally wrong.

Can't be this "hard", is it.

Replies

• fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    I've had very good luck with using the recipe builder using both my own recipes and online recipes. I also using the meal tool and my food. If I have any doubt I go in and change as needed. All of these are extremely helpful and worth the little time it takes to input the information.