Recipes needed please!

Options
Denisk3196
Denisk3196 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this and on my first diet.Im a 24 year old male at 13 stone.. Got a big belly from sat watching football amd drinking cans of cider each weekend.Im looking for ideas and recipes that are low calories but only problem, I DONT LIKE VEG!😂I mean I like onions,mushrooms and potatoes but that's about all.I love all meats,poultry and fish but don't know what i can do with them or what else to have with my proteins which is tasty and also good for my calorie count.. Any help would be great.Thanking ye all in advance and best of luck with what ye are trying to achieve!😅

Replies

• carablades
    carablades Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you cook for yourself? I have some kickass 400-450 calorie a meal recipes that take very little time to cook.
    I’m Italian so these recipes are NOT bland lol
    Do you have good variety of spices in your spice rack? If not, make it a priority to buy any spice and herb you come across. THIS WILL MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
    soooo, if you’d like to hear my 1200-2000 calorie a day recipes, just say hi. I’m doing this diet too, so if portions or flavors are off, we can help each other.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Follow me as a friend, and if you like something I'm cooking, ask me for the recipe. I can't eat most veg, and I can tell you some things that might help you get the veg down.

For one thing, a lot of people overcook them. If you overcook anything in the cabbage family (that's cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, etc.) you release bitter compounds. The trick is to very lightly steam them just til cooked through. (This is about three and a half to four minutes in the microwave.) The next trick is to season them. I often toss steamed green beans with a small touch of bacon grease and then a grind of cracked black pepper and a sprinkle of sea salt. If all you have ever had is a boiled canned bean, you may find this a revelation.

(Unless you have a gut like mine. Then all bets are off.)
  • carablades
    carablades Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cooking veg in bacon grease will make you fall in love with vegetables lol
    BUT if you are watching your cholesterol, or NOT doing a high fat/protein diet ( Keto or south beach) bacon fat won’t help you much.
    Better.👉🏼 Poached egg on whole grain toast with 1 TBSP shredded cheese ( you choose)
    And 2 slices of turkey bacon ..cook between paper towels in the microwave until crisp. ( add ketchup and /or hot sauce to taste)
    Best breakfast ever, and will only start your day with less than 450 calories. ( read labels)