Weight gain

I cant seem to consume all the calories I need to gain weight, and also I have a fast metabolism so idk if I should be eating more calories than what it tells me to

Replies

• GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    edited January 2020
    psuLemon wrote: »

Read the thread psuLemon references above for ideas on what to eat.

As to eating more, it's not really rocket science. If you're not gaining weight, or not gaining weight as fast as you'd like, eat more of the foods referenced in the hard-gainers thread. Make sure you're looking at time periods of at least a week or two, not day to day. Most people's weight fluctuates from day to day too much to base calorie adjustments on. Look at something like a weekly average to base your calorie decisions on.
  • Jobygains
    Jobygains Posts: 14 Member
    I've had the exact same problems as you and the best advice I can give is
    1. Start earlier, set an alarm if you have to and get a decent caloric breakfast. I know it seems extremely annoying to wake up early just to eat, but in the long run it'll pay off huge.
    2. Add more calories to liquids, make shakes with your protein or even milk. You can add peanut butter, nuts, bananas, eggs.
    Liquid calories are easier to consume.
    3. Try to eat every 2-4 hours, even if you're not hungry, make sure you're eating something to add to your caloric total.
    Hope this hood helped, Good luck!
  • I’ve heard Alberto Nunez the top body builder say he drinks litres of orange juice to get the calories in when he’s trying to gain. That seems like a good idea. OJ and other juices are generally not that satiating for most people.