62lbs gone and counting!

Options
With the help of Myfitnesspal I've managed to lose 62lbs in less than a years time. Like WOW! It may not seem like a whole lot to some people but I honestly NEVER thought that I could do it before. I thought I was doomed to be overweight forever. I have done it though and still am doing it! It still amazes me all the time that I've come this far though. I had plenty of failed diets in the past, I was always discouraged for not seeing results like I wanted. I always quit and gained anything I lost back. It was hard. This time around I really buckled and tried so much harder. I stopped all my self loathing, stopped overeating and started making healthier choices. With it's great community, the friends I've made, the super easy food tracking(I tried other sites that just weren't as good), weight tracking, recipes and other insightful blogs, Myfitnesspal has really been a big role in my progress. As well going to the gym and most of the time getting regular exercise. I am a super picky eater too, so that makes it hard too but I keep trying. Now NO, I haven't been the best lol, I have had my fair share of cheat days and lazy days but no matter what I always get back in the saddle and keep going. Now for any ladies who might read this, I have PCOS, I deal with depression, I've had a child who's now nearly 6 and challenged. I used to let all that get in my way because honestly as with most of us gals, when we have PCOS we feel like weight is just going to haunt us forever because with weight gain being a side effect of that it's harder to loose weight than women who don't have it. I'm telling you, don't let that get in your way! Or any of those things. Because you CAN DO IT you just have to really try, put in the effort and when you're down pick yourself back up and keep going! If you keep going you'll see progress. Its just not a quick process, I had to accept that. I started my journey around May of 2019 and now in January 2020 I'm down 62lbs and counting. I'm still going and going to go as far as I can on this journey. There are obstacles in my way but I'm making my way over those mountains one step at a time. The amount of joy and excitement I have shrinking out of clothes is amazing!! And although keeping up with a healthy diet and exercise is super hard at times it's worth it!! I feel so much better and I'm finally becoming happy with myself. I still have a long road ahead and now with the amount I've lost, to go further I'm going to have to push even harder and it's going to be tough I'm sure but I'm not stopping. Once you start eating healthier and doing things like going to the gym you're body will thank you, I promise you.

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing I have 63lbs to lose at least any tips how did you stay motivated how many calories a day were/are you on? What exercises do you do?
  • MissLea0424
    MissLea0424 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    Wow amazing I have 63lbs to lose at least any tips how did you stay motivated how many calories a day were/are you on? What exercises do you do?

I've been on a no more than 1,600 calorie per day diet. Most of the time I only consume around 1,000 to 1,200. No, I'm not starving lol. After the first 2 or 3 weeks I got used to it, made sure I got plenty of water and so now I'm just not hungry very much. If I'm not Hungry I don't eat, if I am I do. There are even days I only need to eat around 700cals. Also, exercise! Most of the time I was hitting the gym 3 or 4 days a week and doing cardio like walking at home 5 days a week. Doesn't have to be extreme either. On average I spend 1 hour and 30 mins at the gym and walks at home around 25 to 30 mins moderate paced. At the gym I do cardio such as, cycling, Elliptical and Treadmill. I also do strength training, that's also important, you don't want to lose muscle while dieting and it helps to tone. I'm still working on that my self. Toning is an even longer process but its gonna be worth it in the end. Strength training doesn't mean bodybuilding either lol. Don't have to do heavy weights train. Find out what you're comfortable with and push it a little further. My lower body I do weights around 100+lbs. For upper, weights vary between 10lbs to 40lbs depending on which type I'm doing. You'll want to do core workouts as well. Finding a workout partner also helps. Makes it a bit more fun to go and also creates a sort of accountability for going.

Motivation has been up and down for me, like I said before, I've had my fair share of cheat days and lazy days. The thing is to not let yourself stay down, get back up. Don't think, "I might as well give up". Even if you slack off for a week or 2 just start again, I've done it. I lose weight then slack off a bit, not gaining back I should add, just fluctuating not really losing weight kind of slack. But my motivation has simply been that I want to look and feel good about myself. I stopped my self pitty parties. I knew that I was the only one to blame and I wanted change. The progress is what helps keep me going. I love the feeling of going to the store to buy SMALLER clothes. Plus the community of friends I have help push me, I get great support from them. Even though we really don't even know each other its great to help each other succeed. Seeing other people succeed is also great motivation because you want to succeed right along with them. Plus also seeing some people have the same struggles and hard times as you reassures you that you aren't the only one who doesn't find it easy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!