What's your Chinese New Year Animal? πŸŽ‰πŸ§¨πŸŽŠπŸ’₯πŸš€

Options
Mr_Healthy_Habits
Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
I'm the year of the dog and it hits me pretty accurately...

People born in the Year of the Dog have straightforward personality traits according to Chinese zodiac analysis. In career and love, they are faithful, courageous, agile, smart and warm-hearted. They know how to keep secrets and inspire other people's confidence. They could be good leaders.
Β«1

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Rooster
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: Β»
    🐍
    c0ua581f54bv.jpg

But what you say this is all true?

And you're a gemini snake as well... Is there anything more charming?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    lx1x wrote: Β»
    Rooster

All of my friends from high school were Roosters...
    I've heard it's the best thing to be
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Year of the Dragon

Dragon is the fifth in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac sign. The Years of the Dragon include 1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024...

The Dragon enjoys a very high reputation in Chinese culture. Chinese people regard themselves as descendents of the dragon. In ancient China, this imaginary creature was thought to speed across the sky with divine power. It is the token of authority, dignity, honor, success, luck, and capacity. Emperors entitled themselves exclusively as 'dragon'.

Personality of the Dragon
    People with Chinese zodiac Dragon sign are usually a group of people who are lively, intellectual and excitable. They can clearly tell right from wrong. They are upright and frank. However, they are also a bit arrogant and impatient. Female Dragons tend to be overly confident. They hate hypocrisy, gossip and slander. They are not afraid of difficulties but hate to be used or controlled by others.

Strengths
    Decisive, inspiring, magnanimous, sensitive, ambitious, romantic

Weaknesses
    Eccentric, tactless, fiery, intolerant, unrealistic

Love Compatibility of the Dragon
    Best Matches: Rooster, Rat, Monkey
    They are born to be a couple, and they can build a good and happy family. Dragons give a lot of support and guidance to Roosters and Rats, and they get tenderness and care in return. Sharing similar interests and hobbies, they can be best partners in travel.
    Bad Matches: Ox, Sheep, Dog
    Quarrels and conflicts take turns to show up in their life, and they even become enemy at last. The reason for their split is that they cannot tolerant each other’s flaws and they always put themselves in the first.

Which Type of 'Dragon' Are You?
    Dragon people show distinct characteristics due to their different years of birth with affect from the traditional Chinese Five Elements.

Types
    Years of Birth
    Personality Traits

Wood Dragon
    1904, 1964 Introverted, taciturn, very talented but not fond of the limelight.
    Fire Dragon
    1916, 1976 Smooth and slick, good at seizing opportunities, easy to get success.
    Earth Dragon
    1928, 1988 Aggressive, smart and hardworking, but tend to give up halfway.
    Metal Dragon
    1940, 2000 Frank and sincere, moody, having creative ideas but lacking practice.
    Water Dragon
    1952, 2012 Far-sighted, with strong willpower and persistence.
  • TheresaEdwardsmfp
    TheresaEdwardsmfp Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm the, year of the snake, it sounds so sneaky
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

People born in the Year of the Dog have straightforward personality traits according to Chinese zodiac analysis. In career and love, they are faithful, courageous, agile, smart and warm-hearted. They know how to keep secrets and inspire other people's confidence. They could be good leaders.

I'm also year of the dog :)
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    I am a dog (1970)
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

I am a dog (1970)

Yes fellow Dog people!!

It's also said that we are natural leaders and can basically read minds πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

But we are also worriers and have difficulty saying no to people...
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    So I'm supposed to be a snake according to the year but when I put my birthday in to search it says Dragon. I think I remember it working out that the Chinese new year happened the day after my birthday.
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I’m an ox
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I'm apparently a metal monkey. I have no idea what that says about me though
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options

I am a dog (1970)

Yes fellow Dog people!!

It's also said that we are natural leaders and can basically read minds πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

I do have a problem saying no to people
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Monkey's Personality: Monkeys are sharp, smart, but naughty.
    People born in a year of the Monkey have magnetic personalities and are witty and intelligent.

Monkeys are fast learners and crafty opportunists. They have many interests and need partners who are capable of stimulating them.

Although they are clever and creative, Monkeys can't always exhibit their talents properly. They like to accept challenges.

πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š
  • Versicolour
    Options
    People born in a year of the Monkey have magnetic personalities and are witty and intelligent.

Monkeys are fast learners and crafty opportunists. They have many interests and need partners who are capable of stimulating them.

Although they are clever and creative, Monkeys can't always exhibit their talents properly. They like to accept challenges.

πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š

Wow! Thanks for the explanation. That is pretty cool. And surprisingly accurate of me
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š

Wow! Thanks for the explanation. That is pretty cool. And surprisingly accurate of me

You're welcome fellow monkey!πŸ˜‰πŸ’πŸ΅.....I kinda love monkeys as an animal but I ain't gonna lie....I was hoping there'd be a unicorn year and it's be my sign..πŸ¦„πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜..

...typical monkey ammirite?πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜—πŸ€—
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

I am a dog (1970)

Yes fellow Dog people!!

Yeah... pretty accurate πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
  • Versicolour
    Options

πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š

You're welcome fellow monkey!πŸ˜‰πŸ’πŸ΅.....I kinda love monkeys as an animal but I ain't gonna lie....I was hoping there'd be a unicorn year and it's be my sign..πŸ¦„πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜..

...typical monkey ammirite?πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜—πŸ€—

:lol: Yeah! Pretty much! I could really get behind a unicorn Pegasus too!

My mom always used to call me a silly monkey. Apparently she was strong with the mother's intuition!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'm a Water Tiger. I kind of like the sound of that.