Breakfast recipes!?

Does anyone have any cheap, and easy to eat on the go breakfast recipes they could share with me please! 😊

Replies

• Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Whole wheat tortilla with eggs, salsa, avocado, turkey bacon. Wrap up like a burrito and put foil around it to hold and eat on the run
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    My "eat on the go" breakfast is
    160gm Yopro Yoghurt, about 20 of breakfast cereal, at the moment its Bran Buds, 50 g frozen/thawed blueberries
    1 Tsp Chia seeds. This is about 200 calories.

Or a similar thing I make in a container overnight is Bircher Muesli.
    45g Bircher mix, 100g Yoplait Forme Yoghurt, 1/2 grated apple. Mix that up. Then on top of the mix, I add more fruit. This comes in at about 300 calories.
  • teamnatural2013
    teamnatural2013 Posts: 1 Member
    NF Greek yogurt, fiber one cereal original, blueberries & strawberries, 1 pkt of sweetener of choice.
  • Easy recommendation is refrigerator yogurt. Off the top of my head, it's ~1/2 cup of oats, ~1/4 cup of fat-free Greek yogurt, ~1/2 cup of some kind of milk (I use vanilla flavored, reduced/no-sugar almond), a few packets of Stevia and whatever flavorings suit my mood. Frozen/fresh berries, raisins, cinnamon, whatever. Mix it the night before, or whenever, and you get a really nice breakfast meal for a bit less than 250 calories. Chia seeds and a little additional liquid are a nice addition if you need a heartier meal.

A little chia pudding works pretty well as a breakfast. A couple tablespoons of seeds in a half-cup of water/milk/tea/sugar-free Kool Aide/whatever. Add artificial sweetener to taste. Stir it together, wait five minutes, stir it again. Add whatever flavorings you want (same as oatmeal, tbh), stir yet again, and put it in the icebox until whenever. Thickens into something thick and pudding-like. Not at all woody and seed-like, though you could give it a pass w/ a stick blender if it pleases you.

1% or 2% cottage cheese w/ various fruit is decent. You can buy Del Monte branded orange and grapefruit sections in a solution of water and artificial sweetener. Pretty cheap and last nearly forever in the icebox.

If you want to get *really* cheap and quick, you could boil and shell eggs in advance and keep them in a ziplock. For me, nothing beats a cold, salted egg or two for a quick grab & go breakfast.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    If I know I’m not going to have time to eat I make cranberry muffins with steel cut oats and eggs. I can’t remember how exactly I did them last time, would have to look up the recipe, but it turns out that two muffins is basically nutritionally the same as my usual sit down breakfast of steelcut oats with yogurt and berries plus eggs.