Quest bars

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I don't have the "cilantro tastes like soap" gene, but I must have the "artificial sweeteners are disgusting" gene (although this study was about a different artificial sweetener) https://www.phillymag.com/be-well-philly/2013/08/22/study-fake-sweeteners-taste-disgusting-people/
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    chocolate chip cookie dough nuked for 10 sec ....but like others said, they are too high priced. I like Pure Protein Bars at almost 1/2 the cost
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I switched from Quest (which was one of the only protein bars I could eat) to Built bars. I love the taste more and most of the flavors are only 110 calories (13 g carbs, 4 g fat, 15 g protein). It's almost as good as eating a candy bar...almost.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    OAS5 wrote: »
    Too expensive, I like the Kirkland protein bars. Tasty, great price and great macros.

I'm definitely with you on that. I've eaten millions of those and they are so good!!

I'm with you on that too! The Kirkland bars remind me of how the Quest bars tasted before they changed sweeteners in their recipe. To me Quest bars just don't taste the same, and I used to LOVE them!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Posting this because I don't want anyone to be paying 24 bucks a box for these LOL...
    "All quest bars are 11-13 per box (with S&S) on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/deal/e1e0044b/ref=gbps_tit_s-5_0f49_e1e0044b?showVariations=true&&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=56beed47-26cb-401c-95f5-738a157f0f49&pf_rd_s=slot-5&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=2V8ZNV1DPY67XJVN1F9R

Quest hero vanilla 11 bucks, hero blueberry 11 bucks, quest WCR 12 bucks, maple waffle 12 bucks, and chocolate hazelnut 12.50. I don't really eat quest bars anymore but I know some people still do and this is the cheapest they go for.
    "

I don't really like any of them anymore. Once in awhile I will have a WCR. They used to be incredible back in the day before they ruined the recipe. The cinnamon roll, WCR, cookie dough were SO good. I still wish they would go back to the original recipe a few years back. That is the recipe that made them popular. I think the birthday cake is good as well as sprinkled donut. Not amazing, but good.
  • mywellnessbuilding
    mywellnessbuilding Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I have never had the quest bars, but in my opinion, the quest chocolate chip cookies taste horrible!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love the birthday cake ones. Also the chocolate chip cookie dough (microwaved) for about 30 seconds as well as the caramel chocolate chunk...the way the caramel melts is so good. For me though quest bars are more filling and the best at keeping hunger at bay then any other protein bar i have tried. So that to me is everything when trying to restrict calories
  • Jazzykatt
    Jazzykatt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat a Quest bar every morning for breakfast. My favorites are the chocolate chip cookie dough and the raspberry and white chocolate. I would be lost without them. It’s like eating dessert.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    They look so cute and adorable over there on my countertop. They're so cute that I hide them in the bottom of an out of the way closet. I take out my portion for the day. I like to line'em up just to knock 'em down. The Lemon flavor is my favorite.
    ws4y9qrfuv3b.png

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    They look so cute and adorable over there on my countertop. They're so cute that I hide them in the bottom of an out of the way closet. I take out my portion for the day. I like to line'em up just to knock 'em down. The Lemon flavor is my favorite.
    ws4y9qrfuv3b.png

I asked you in another thread, but you didn't reply. But I am really curious about this.

Just wondering why you think quest bars are "cute and adorable"? Do you think all protein bars are cute and adorable or just quest bars? What about them is cute? I've just never heard anyone describe a quest bar (or any bar in general unless it was mini) that way so I am genuinely curious.
  • domeofstars
    Options
    It's probably that she likes the packaging design. The lemon one does look very appealing
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    None.

Pure Protein bars are my favorite based on taste, cost and protein/$.
  • domeofstars
    Options
    I wish we had the lemon one here in Australia!
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Quest Hero chocolate, caramel and pecan.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I think she means that anything individually wrapped, in bright colors, sitting temptingly on the counter, is cute and adorable, kinda like a puppy. You just can’t keep your hands off them.

I only buy ugly food.

(J/K)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I looked for the low carb ones kept me full. Birthday cake, chocolate chip or brownie, I tried donut and cinnamon roll. But my clean keto group says quest is not considered clean if you are aiming for clean I’d not use them. But if you just need some good protein source I do like the company and the nacho cheese chips make a great taco salad.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    White Chocolate Raspberry, yum! After nuking for 20 seconds, you can eat with a fork.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    HilTri wrote: »
    Quest Hero chocolate, caramel and pecan.

My #1 is Quest Hero vanilla caramel.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I looked for the low carb ones kept me full. Birthday cake, chocolate chip or brownie, I tried donut and cinnamon roll. But my clean keto group says quest is not considered clean if you are aiming for clean I’d not use them. But if you just need some good protein source I do like the company and the nacho cheese chips make a great taco salad.

I would drop that group lol. I do keto and have these frequently. I like cookies and cream, lemon cake, mint chocolate chip, cookie dough and a few others