Scale isn’t moving?

Options
Hi Guys!
I’m a 24 years old female.
I’m 5 feet 1/2 inch tall and weight 111-110 lbs.

I’ve been on a strict diet. I used to calculate my calories and macros.
Don’t do it anymore cuz I know around how much I need to eat. I try to eat mainly protein.
I excercise at least everyday.
Take boot camp classes and do weights and HIIT.
I actually just started kind of building muscle, before I did mainly cardio because I had no idea how to do weights.
Well I did but not that much.
Now I do glutes, hamstring, back, abs and sometimes bicep, triceps, and shoulder. Don’t really use heavy weights (on like 5-10lbs lol)

And my scale doesn’t seem to move.
I don’t know why though?

I know scale is not really a big of deal it’s mainly how you look.
But I do wanna loose another 5 lbs.

What are your suggestions?
(Btw don’t know which category this should be in)

Thank youu guys :)

Replies

• aidayazd95
    aidayazd95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Also, I’m seeing some muscle don’t know if that matters
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You probably gained muscle but lost fat
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    aidayazd95 wrote: »
    That means, I should start counting my calories again?

Umm, maybe? Or just eat a little less. Or be more patient. Or realize how you look and feel is more important than the number on the scale and focus on fitness and physique.
  • aidayazd95
    Options
    I already eat pretty low
  • aidayazd95
    Options
    Could it be muscle that has the scale go up?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

There is literally no way to know. Over the course of many months, you could theoretically be adding fractions of a lb of muscle per week while losing fractions of a lb of fat per week. Again you are talking about a really small amount of weight that is well within normal weight fluctuations, without a time frame. There could be dozens of reasons. Maybe you're just not being patient enough. What is your goal really? Is it just a number you want to see on the scale? Or is it something you think that 5 lbs will lead to or cause? How long have you been trying to get there?
  • aidayazd95
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

There is literally no way to know. Over the course of many months, you could theoretically be adding fractions of a lb of muscle per week while losing fractions of a lb of fat per week. Again you are talking about a really small amount of weight that is well within normal weight fluctuations, without a time frame. There could be dozens of reasons. Maybe you're just not being patient enough. What is your goal really? Is it just a number you want to see on the scale? Or is it something you think that 5 lbs will lead to or cause? How long have you been trying to get there?

Well, mainly loose body fat and get muscles.
    Don’t wanna get big I just want to get toned/fit how do I say it. Mainly just loose BF.
  • aidayazd95
    Options

Well, mainly loose body fat and get muscles.
    Don’t wanna get big I just want to get toned/fit how do I say it. Mainly just loose BF.

So focus on your workouts and don't worry about the scale, other than to make sure you don't head too far in the wrong direction. And as I said above, this isn't the sort of thing you will see progress in the mirror or on the scale every week. People work for months and years on it. To build muscle, focus on a progressive well designed strength program. If you aren't willing to eat at a surplus and gain weight, building appreciable muscle in maintenance takes time, like "maybe" a lb a month. Commit to the process and the lifestyle, it can be hard to quit the mindset of watching the scale.

Got it, so mainly focus on doing cardio and weights and eat counting calories?
    And just be patient.
    I know i’m so used to checking the scale every day.
    Based on my picture are you able to tell me how much BF I have? Or anything?
  • aidayazd95
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    You are already well within the optimal BMI range for your height. I would strongly encourage recomp (i.e., following a structured strength training plan to build muscle and cut fat) instead of weight loss, since that makes most people happier with their appearance. If you lose fat, you have no control over where the body takes it from, but you can develop specific muscle groups.

If you really must lose weight, it is going to be an extremely slow process since you are both short and within your optimal BMI range. It would most likely require meticulous weighing and logging of ALL your food, since you would have a very small deficit that would be easy to wipe out with a few logging errors here and there.

So you’re saying focus on weights (not much cardio) and no need to count calories
  • FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    I’m a 24 years old female.
    I’m 5 feet 1/2 inch tall and weight 111-110 lbs.

I’ve been on a strict diet. I used to calculate my calories and macros.
    Don’t do it anymore cuz I know around how much I need to eat. I try to eat mainly protein.
    I excercise at least everyday.
    Take boot camp classes and do weights and HIIT.
    I actually just started kind of building muscle, before I did mainly cardio because I had no idea how to do weights.
    Well I did but not that much.
    Now I do glutes, hamstring, back, abs and sometimes bicep, triceps, and shoulder. Don’t really use heavy weights (on like 5-10lbs lol)

And my scale doesn’t seem to move.
    I don’t know why though?

I know scale is not really a big of deal it’s mainly how you look.
    But I do wanna loose another 5 lbs.

What are your suggestions?
    (Btw don’t know which category this should be in)

Thank youu guys :)

I'm 5'5 31 years old and had a baby November 2018. I went from 174 to 143-144 pounds in 7 months. Hit a plateau this last month and just increased my hitt cardio work outs and added some light weights. drank more water and counted my calories. I eat 1200-1500 a day. I just kept going and I got out of my plateau I think. Lost 2.2 pounds this week! I'm now 141.4, goal is 130...maybe 125..don't want to go to low and be close to underweight. But I don't think you need to lose weight. Maybe build muscle?
  • Sophi_allheart
    Sophi_allheart Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    It could be that you are gaining muscle right now so your not losing weight. You can maintain the same weight, but by gaining muscle/losing fat look a ton better.

As another person said, another possibility is your eating more calories than you realize... For instance, eating too many nuts or cheese etc.

In the end, the scale is just a number. It could be you've reached your ideal weight, and you don't need to lose anymore weight. You might want to focus on toning and building muscle rather than losing more weight.

Good luck to you!
  • gkdail5
    gkdail5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some times certain body types will plateau differently. Suggestion try changing up the source of clean protein and carbs. Also vary up workout movements. Not necessarily length of time rather increase intensity for shorter period of time. Try just one change for 3 weeks. Monitor results.
  • aidayazd95
    edited January 2020
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »

You'll never get big by accident. You have to work really really really hard to get big.
    And you'll never ever ever ever get big with 5-10 pound weights. I promise

Lol i know i wont get big by 5-10lbs
    I was just saying in general.