Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Restarting Quickly & Sticking To It - Advice Needed

2»

Replies

• karenesgkarenesg Posts: 299Member Member Posts: 299Member Member
    Yes, lots of great advice here! A lot that I needed to be reminded of. MFP is such a great community. Only thing I can add is a new lifestyle to improve health and lose weight has to be sustainable to find lasting success. Welcome back @robingmurphy, sounds like you're now off to a great start. Best to you!
  • kali31337kali31337 Posts: 935Member, Premium Member Posts: 935Member, Premium Member
    I can commit to at least tracking. I admit that a lot of times when I start going off track, I stop tracking altogether.

That's exactly one of the first of signs of me going off the rails.
  • veganbaumveganbaum Posts: 1,993Member Member Posts: 1,993Member Member
    I've been listening to the podcast We Only Look Thin, which I found thanks to @kshama2001. You might want to check it out. It's a couple who talk about their struggles and successes with weight loss. Both of them have been maintaining a 100 (husband) and 150 (wife) pound weight loss, and the focus of their podcast is that there is no finish line in weight loss if you want to maintain it.

They consider themselves people who "only look thin" because they have to consciously maintain habits (and be willing to reflect and create new habits if old ones stop working) to maintain their losses, otherwise they will easily revert to the habits that made them overweight. I really like the podcast because I enjoy them as a couple, they present a lot of good, common sense ideas that I see on here all the time, and it's nice for me to be reminded of a lot of the things that have helped me be successful.

I've lost a total of about 75 pounds, regained some, and maintained about 50 of that for probably around two years. While I'm still in a healthy BMI range, I want to lose back to where I was about a year ago. Their podcast is helping to reinvigorate me and remind me of the habits I have let slip a bit and to reflect on how I can reincorporate habits that I believe I can maintain for life to help me get to where I know I want to be, as well as continue to maintain my current and future loss.
    edited January 30
  • Yivs_87Yivs_87 Posts: 213Member Member Posts: 213Member Member
    @PAV8888 Thank you for sharing your story. It was exactly what I needed to read today.