Scared to input weight

Options
I'm not sure if there are a lot of people that have this problem or not so I thought I might try and find support here. My weigh in day is every Monday. I feel like if I enter it into MFP it makes it final. I also have been consistently loosing every week and I'm afraid my scale is lying to me. I have managed to loose over 36lbs but still have 30+ to go. It scares me to step on any other scale besides my own also, fearing that this has all been a lie.
Sorry I guess this became more of a vent session.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,105 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if there are a lot of people that have this problem or not so I thought I might try and find support here. My weigh in day is every Monday. I feel like if I enter it into MFP it makes it final. I also have been consistently loosing every week and I'm afraid my scale is lying to me. I have managed to loose over 36lbs but still have 30+ to go. It scares me to step on any other scale besides my own also, fearing that this has all been a lie.
    Sorry I guess this became more of a vent session.

Even if one weigh in is up, that doesn't mean that your weight loss isn't successful. You've been pretty lucky if you've only seen losses on the scale. It's quite normal to see peaks and troughs.

Even if you don't input it, you'll still have seen it, so I don't know how not inputting it will help with your fear that your scale is lying to you.

Have you used any other progress markers? Fit of your clothes, progress photos, measurements?

If you've been in a calorie deficit consistently then you will have lost weight, whether you've been weighing yourself or not, the scale trend (and I stress the word trend) is just a way of checking your accuracy really.

This is how my weigh ins looked when I lost around 30lbs...

hww2xuvvnssl.jpg

• vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    It scares me to step on any other scale besides my own also, fearing that this has all been a lie.

On a different scale you will (almost surely) get a different result. But there is no need to be afraid.
    As long as your "normal" scale is still available there actually is no need to try another. If your scale gets, for what reason ever, broken simply accept the result of your new scale as the new starting point, chances are good, that the new scale might even give a lower result.

No need to put on more pressure than you already have. Losing weight is hard enough, don't make it more complicated than necessary.

All the best on your journey.
    You WILL make it.