Starting over at 59

Options
Hey everyone!
My name is Jody and I'm a 59 year old man living in L.A. I've been heavy all my life and really suffered at my highest weight of 425 lbs. in 2005. I was only 45 at the time and working a full time job on my feet most of the time. I'm down to 265 now and retired/disabled. I recently had a Heart Scan and was told I had some partial upper and lower extremities blockage and advised to see a cardiologist. Well, naturally the Cardiologist sternly suggested that I exercise, watch my diet and generally take better care of myself.

So here I am! On Jan. 3 I started at a local gym and really got into it. So much so I went in for 1 hour workouts on cardio and weight machines for 8 days in a row! Exhausted, but feeling good about it, I took 2 days off and returned to it on a M-F schedule. My gym offered a free 30 minute appointment with a trainer about a week ago and he told me I was overdoing it a little for a beginner. Two days later, I'm laid up with a severe lower abdominal strain! Too many ab crunches at too much weight. Now I'm off my feet for a few days and working on changing my eating habits. Let me tell ya, as I'm sure many of you foodies know, that ain't easy!

So that's me, a nut in a shell, oh I mean, "Me in a nut shell"! lol I googled Fitness Support Groups and found this place. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and losing weight by learning to eat healthier while I start my new beginning in 2020! I can see clearly now!