People Starting Month 2 of Insanity

Options
Anyone out there? I'm about to start Month 2, and I feel so DEAD. I can't tap into that fire anymore that drove me the first month. I don't want to quit, but I'm definitely feeling mentally and physically tired. I did the fit test yesterday, and got 3 minutes into the max interval circuit training before I turned off the dvd. I have NEVER turned off an insanity workout when I start it. I'm worried I might just give up.

Any tips/ideas/words of support? Friend requests are welcome!

Replies

• divacowgirl
    Options
    Hey there Trying!

I felt the same way at about 6 weeks into logging everyday. For the first time in my life (i am 44) my goal is to change the way I view exercise and eating. Why am I eating, how much am I eating and what I am eating. I feel like I have learnt so much about myself and slowly (very slowly) I am making small changes that improve my life. I let myself have occasional treats and I don't feel bad about it. I lost weight very rapidly in the past, but have never kept it off. I have resigned myself to the fact that this will be a very slow loss so I can learn to eat and exercise, not diet.
    Also, I really felt tired at about 2 months in and felt at the time I would never feel 'normal' again. My body (and mind) was adjusting to the changes I had made.
    My advice, be kind to yourself. Watch your calories, but let yourself have the treats that fit into your daily calories. Let's face it, treats are a part of life, you should be able to enjoy food as well.
    Good luck. Stick with this, give it time and be kind to yourself!
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice divacowgirl! going to grab some caffeine as a boost, put on today's dvd, and not turn it off :P
  • amye0721
    amye0721 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear someone else say this!! I am on Insanity Month 2 Day 4 today. But after week 1, it was so bad that I wanted to cry. I tried to do the Max Cardio Conditioning on Friday (8/16) and I was shaking, my muscles were weak and I felt horrible. I decided to take an unplanned day off (which was incredibly hard for me because I didn't want to mess up my schedule.) My husband then lectured me about the importance of a recovery drink afterwards (which I wasn't doing...ooooops.) I sort of thought it was a Sean T sales con. Anyway, my husband mixed frozen berries, almond milk and vanilla whey protein powder together for after my workout on 9/18 (the Max Interval Circuit.) I felt SO MUCH BETTER! I have had a very good workout the past 2 days. Although I am still incredibly sore, the weak and miserable feeling is gone. I'm not sure if you are doing this already or not, but my husband (who is an extreme outdoorsmen/hiker/climber) said that Month 2 is too hard on the body and that since I wasn't drinking a recovery drink, my muscles weren't able to rebuild themselves. Just a thought!
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Today was the last day of month 1 and I'm scared for month 2 - especially now I've read your post! I'm glad a recovery drink is working for you. I'll bear that in mind if/when I struggle!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there? I'm about to start Month 2, and I feel so DEAD. I can't tap into that fire anymore that drove me the first month. I don't want to quit, but I'm definitely feeling mentally and physically tired. I did the fit test yesterday, and got 3 minutes into the max interval circuit training before I turned off the dvd. I have NEVER turned off an insanity workout when I start it. I'm worried I might just give up.

Any tips/ideas/words of support? Friend requests are welcome!

Don't give up! You can do this! You've been doing it for 5 weeks. (That's no small feat)
    Just take it 1 workout at a time. Don't think about the fact that its "Month 2 of Insanity", look at it as nothing more than that day's workout.

Do you think the recovery week (less aggressive workout) contributed to you losing steam? Or is it the thought/expectation of a tougher workout?
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    thanks guys for the awesome advice!
    first off, a recovery drink seems like a great idea--ive noticed that getting some carbs

i think that the recovery week may have contributed to that--i didnt really give it my all bc i felt burnt out.

anyways, im starting to feel the motivation build up again when people come up to me and say my body has changed a lot. i hope it stays considering im going to be travelling a lot this week and will have to skip some days =/