Food Truck Food

Options
Thursday is food truck night at our community. Our family is attending and I need to make the best choice off this menu. And how the heck do I calculate the calories for this? HELP! What's my best option?

4yleeutiru6j.png

Replies

• artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Assuming you don't often eat this way, I would choose the food that you want to eat for that meal, log it as best you can, and move on. One larger-than-usual meal has no impact on your weight-related goals; it's only going to have an effect if you are frequently not hitting your calorie target.

Thanks. I don’t normally eat like that - well at least not since I started tracking calories this month. But I’m also going out Friday night which will make 2 days eating out in a row so I wanted to make the best calorie choice possible.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    artanis50 wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Assuming you don't often eat this way, I would choose the food that you want to eat for that meal, log it as best you can, and move on. One larger-than-usual meal has no impact on your weight-related goals; it's only going to have an effect if you are frequently not hitting your calorie target.

Thanks. I don’t normally eat like that - well at least not since I started tracking calories this month. But I’m also going out Friday night which will make 2 days eating out in a row so I wanted to make the best calorie choice possible.

We go out 1 or 2 times a week. I save a few hundred calories in the days before for those larger meals, so I still hit my calorie goal for the week.
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Since I see a lot of sandwich based meals, you should get something and just ask for no roll..instead of fries, get salad. That alone will save you some calories and will make the meal feel lighter.
  • artanis50
    Options
    Since I see a lot of sandwich based meals, you should get something and just ask for no roll..instead of fries, get salad. That alone will save you some calories and will make the meal feel lighter.

That was the plan - to skip the bun. Trying to decide between the grilled buffalo chicken or the burger. I’m guessing the chicken is the better choice.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When eating out I tend to get what I want, not eat the bun and maybe leave a few toppings out...

But, on that menu, I'd do the PB Bowl with Chicken. Guac on the side (eat minimal of it). I'm a volume eater!

I usually order what I can be satisfied by and be full.
  • artanis50
    Options
    I think I’m going to go for that without the guacamole.