Hi everyone, Im James. I am from Lancashire in the UK. New to the My Fitness Pal app.

Im 33 years old, and i've always struggled with my weight. Even though im around 18-19 stone i've been lucky enough in my younger years to not really show, its all just been visceral fat.

My partner is always laughing about my "dad bod" even though she means it as a laugh it does affect my confidence. So this week i've cut out all sugar (like sugar in my coffees, sweets, cakes and chocolate) after a few days on the app i can see that my calorie intake isn't huge, but previously my snacking and amount of takeaways wouldn't have help.

Im one of these people that will eat healthy ish during the day but at night id be eating full bags of doritos, and chocolate bars, but not the small ones the big ones.

When it comes to exercising im not exactly lazy, i walk to work (about 2 mile) every day and im constantly running around the house and also using my exercise cycle.

I went to the hospital last year due to constant fatigue, stress and irritability. They had a quick scan and said i've got a fatty liver which is down to my lifestyle.

Being a father now, i'm getting myself in the mindset of treating my body better. Last year i quit smoking and haven't had a smoke for nearly a year, i just woke up one morning and said no more, its disgusting. So i'm trying to relate that to my weight loss.

Also being quite a picky eater I struggle finding suitable foods to help me watch my intake. When it comes to vegetables i only like eating a select few but i quite like a variety of fruit.

So yeah i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Replies