scales or mirror?

Options
When trying to lose weight, gain weight or just change body composition, is it best to go by the scales or just to visually check progress via the mirror or progress pictures??? What are your thoughts and opinions?

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Tape measure! How clothes fit! It will depend on your end goal.
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Clothes, tape measure, and energy levels. What's the point if you feel like complete crap?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I need to know if the scale is moving in the right direction so the scale is a must for me. However I also use the mirror, progress photos and less frequently, measurements.
  • kimspearey
    kimspearey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I will primer all go by weight just so I know it’s moving in the right direction but then as I adjust go by measurement as clothing etc.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I_am_Aaron wrote: »
    When trying to lose weight, gain weight or just change body composition, is it best to go by the scales or just to visually check progress via the mirror or progress pictures??? What are your thoughts and opinions?

I'd go with a combination of both, although I'd go with pictures over the mirror, it's hard to tell just by looking in the mirror as we tend to see ourselves on a daily basis. Weight it's important to note that it's the trend that's important though, not comparing one weigh in to the next.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I track my weight to make sure I'm going in the right direction, but I really don't take much stock in the number itself.