Tattoos make your arms look bigger or smaller?

shaykinhand
shaykinhand Posts: 80 Member
I recently saw a post talking about tattoos and I got to thinking...

As for arm tattoos (across the shoulders, sleeves, etc..) Do you think it makes your arms look bigger or smaller?

I have lost a lot of weight and have some flab on the arms, even though I have a lot of muscle, my arms are big to me. I'm very self conscious about my arms to the point where I don't want to wear tanks and may would consider surgery on my arms. A girl at the gym said that she plans to get a large shoulder/arm tattoo piece because it will make her arms look smaller.... seems to me it would just draw more attention to that area.
I have 3 small tats now and would love a larger piece... however, I'm built like a tank and I don't want to look much wider than I am now :/

Thoughts on this? Pics welcomed :)

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I think a tattoo could do the same thing a optical illusion piece of clothing could do. I wouldn't get tatted just to make my arms look smaller though and it would draw more attention.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I love the way my arm looks with a sleeve. I don't know if I see it as bigger or smaller, just better looking in my own opinion.
  • sdenness9925
    sdenness9925 Posts: 254 Member
    They really do, is why the top bodybuilders tan up, because of the shadowing and how it highlights all the definitions