Trying to avoid future health issues, seeking others who are in this for the long haul.

Options
Greetings,
I have heard of this program for a couple years now and decided it was time for me to check it out. I have had issues with weight my entire life. Up and down, lately, last 15 or so year it has been up, up and up, then down then back up.
After having blood work done, I found I am close to diabetic, I have high cholesterol so I am trying to loose weight for those two issues. Not to mention, I just lack stamina anymore. I am looking for others who are on their own weightloss and fitness journey. I will be 50 this year and have seen many stories of people getting fit i their 50s... I want to be THAT person! Are you with me on that? Send me a message, friend me. I do use other chatting programs which maybe easier to motivate, if someone is interested in truly supporting each other.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    Well, I got kinda fit in my mid-40s and beyond, then lost weight with MFP at 59-60, so I think you have really good odds of accomplishing your goals, if you take some serious steps in the right direction. (I'm 64 and maintaining a healthy weight with MFP, still active, now.)

I'm not a believer in revolutionizing everything all at once, but it can be pretty powerful to just set/hit a calorie goal, then dial in better nutrition; and start with some gentler (but still slightly challenging) exercise at first, then gradually increase duration, frequency, intensity or form of exercise to keep just that bit of challenge as you get fitter and can handle a bit more.

Cheering for you! :)