Need some common sense

Options
2»

Replies

• ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    So how is your recovery? How are you feeling? And where's the puppy picture I'm expecting?

I am doing much better, thank you for asking! I have calmed down a bit, stayed in my calorie range, my mouth hurts in the morning but generally I feel fine. I haven’t run or returned to barre class since the surgery on Thursday, and Friday I was fairly inactive for me, although yesterday and today I did a lot of walking (regular, not particularly brisk). And I feel just fine. I spoke to the nurse Friday when she called to check in and she said on the 4th or 5th day after the surgery I could try to run for a limited amount of time and see how I feel, so I thought I would try to run for about 20 minutes on the treadmill tomorrow (the 5th day) and see how I feel.

Thank you for asking and thank you again for everyone’s thoughts and advice. It made all the difference. As my husband reminded me, I am really so fortunate. I am not injured, I just need to take it easy for a couple weeks after oral surgery.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,604 Member
    Options
    And my puppy looking from under the blanket?!?!?! :smiley: Glad you're feeling better. Take it easy!!! :smile:
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add - you will be fine as long as you don't start eating your weight in chocolate and crisps! I have to confess today was my first day back in the gym since (mumble mumble )er xmas eve :# . I was ill for 3 weeks, then work was crazy busy what with beginning of the year, and catching up for time off, and then we had an office move just before xmas, so i had to move gyms (and i HATE going to a new gym!). It was fine after all that - I'll probably have massive DOMS though.

Hope you recover quickly x
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Well my thoughts:

* After major surgery, in the immediate few days you likely won't feel like exercising much anyway because you will feel like crap.
    * Ask your doctor what exercise might be ok when you're feeling better. Usually gentle workouts like walking is given the OK.
    * You won't be eating your normal diet. Which will suck in several ways, but you don't have to fuel up so much either.
    * Do some planning, setting visions, and dreaming about your workout and health goals while you're healing. It's a chance to take a step back you might not if you're focused on your immediate goals. Think about planning an exercise-filled vacation. Research that exercise program that you've heard about but didn't follow up on. Look up 5K races near your sister's house that might be interesting. And so on.