Finding guy's clothing for stocky guys with big neck?

Shelby1582
Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
My husband is 5'9 and has a 17.5 neck and he has the hardest time finding button down shirts that fit. For the neck to fit is has to be a 17.5 in order to button and then the rest of the shirt is way to wide and long since he has to go with XL sizes. He used to weight lift and workout but he doesn't anymore although he still has a stocky frame from the waist up. He's got a belly now but hopefully that will go down soon.
My question is other than getting every shirt tailored can anyone suggest any brands that come in different sizing or any suggestions at all?

Any muscular guys who aren't tall must have this problem, what do you do? All of his shirts are so big!! They are too long to wear untucked and tucked in they look poofy. The shoulders are too long and I would like to buy him some new shirts but not sure where to start. Anyone had luck with a trim fit if you have this body type?

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    I've got no suggestions as the only shirts where I have to wear a tie are WAY too expensive to suggest, but i feel his pain.

Even at a low body fat % I can't find a neck that fits.

Clothes are definitely made fo people who don't lift...