Hi petite friends.

Options
I am back on MFP after many yrs absent. I have apparently shrunk to under 5 ft tall as of last physical and up to an all time high of 143 lbs. Menopause hit me hard in terms of weight gain. Joint pain added to the mix. I am looking forward to this group for fun, motivation and support. I hope we can help each other. Good luck to us all.

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)) I'm down to 5' 1/2" (153.6cm) and feeling the joint pain. I just picked up some Type II Collagen supplements last night since that is the type that has been shown to help with joints. A single serving is 5 capsules! Best of luck shedding the excess weight!
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I've also shrunk a 1/2 inch, I can no longer claim to be 5' tall.....even though I never was! I'm officially 4' 11", sheesh, does that mean even less calories to work with? At one point, a few years back, I was up to 140-ish, and there's less space to hide the weight with us fun size gals. I think you'll find you'll have less joint pain as you lose weight, I did anyway. I'm back for a "tune-up", trying to drop these stubborn 10 pounds that seem to yo-yo back and forth. Good luck my short friend, you've got this......slow and steady wins the race! ;)
  • filippasulli
    filippasulli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am back again. I retired and life went a bit crazy in my home. My exercise routine slacked so my weight gain is out of control. Gained almost 20 lbs. I am not an overeater, but I have a non existant metabolism. Daily exercise is my only option for keeping my weight down. I am trying once more. Wish me luck. Merry Christmas and a successful new year to us all.