Does the strength training not count???

Okay I'm still fairly new here but I have a question. I just did about 20 minutes of bodyweight strength training and logged that into mfp but it did not reflect on my home page. Do these not count towards calories burned? How do I know how many calories I burned if i do strength training if mfp does not log them?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    honestly strength training in general doesn't burn all that many calories but if you logged them then you should get calories towards your exercise
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Sure - search the exercise database like any other workout.
    Strength training, weights even.

Enter time, take the meager but extra calories.
    It's true, doesn't burn as much as cardio may - but can transform the body better!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,972 Member
    I don't remember if it posts under strength training. I know it does if you log it under cardio. I do cardio and weights at the gym, it usually picks what you do the most of, mine on gym days will say I did cardio including the stair treadmill for 90 minutes.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Strength training is under cardio & will give you a number of calories burned.
  • rodnichols69
    rodnichols69 Posts: 83 Member
    honestly strength training in general doesn't burn all that many calories but if you logged them then you should get calories towards your exercise

That depends on how hard we work. I burn as low as 300 calories per hour and high as 800 calories per hour depending on the format. There are weeks where I try to keep my HR in zone 4 the entire workout and other weeks where it never gets above zone 2.