Does it count?

Hello! I was only able to dance around for 10 minutes after putting the babies to bed. Does that count as exercise? Really trying hard to stick to my resolution to lose weight. This is the first time I was able to stay with my resolution for a month! Im actually sticking to my food diary and joined a WERQ class. I’m happy. Glad to be part of this forum here with all of you ladies.

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    edited February 2020
    Of course it counts! I wouldn't log it as exercise for calories, but every little bit extra is going to aid you in weight loss.

If you did this every hour or two, you could easily add an hour of movement you weren't doing before :)

Eat less, move more. That's the key to losing weight.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Every little bit counts. That's give or take 50 calories, depending on the type of dancing and your stats. That's a couple of medium carrots extra if you find yourself hungry today.

More importantly, that's consistency which builds habits. Consistency is extremely important for habit building, so even if you had time for a minute or two it would still count. Trying to do things perfectly or not at all is a dangerous mindset to have if your goal is to build habits, and looks like you're doing really well.
  • ItsMeTy
    ItsMeTy Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks everyone!