I got answers if YOU got questions!

Options
13»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback, appreciate everyone's opinions.

I certainly am not a salesman and selling anything.....just new here and want to connect and share.
    I haven't cut and pasted anything, I do daily everything I mention and it works for me.

My intentions are good to help people to share knowledge, yes one day something is right then the next it can be proven to be wrong. I am just sharing here. Apologies if I have offended anyone or misrepresented my ideas in any ways to upset people.....

Best of luck and thanks for the positive criticisms and as @snickerscharlie mentioned absolutely seek the opinion of a medical practitioner before taking any supplements.

I do understand that you are just trying to help people. That's wonderful! Perhaps just jumping in on the multitudes of existing threads and questions posted all over the forum might be a better way to share your ideas? :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    In the days of the caveman we ate when we were hungry and could actually find food and didn't "graze" all day long like many of us do with Macca's, Supermarkets, 7 elevens, the abundance of food available all around us. Our bodies need a rest.....

I'd like to see the scientific research on this one please :), both on when our ancestors ate, and the food scarcity you seem to be implying.

Also, I'm offended on behalf of my Palaeolithic ancestors at the use of the term 'caveman'.

So am I!

half of them were women. ;)

And didn't all live in caves, and those that did utilise caves (they are, after all, a handy ready made shelter) didn't live in them year round.

yes i know. ;)

was just facetious comment picking up on sexism of "caveman" B)

Oh I'm offended by it from the sexism angle too!
  • snickerscharlie
    Options
    Me too! Any tips for keeping my bp up ?

By "bp" I'm assuming you mean blood pressure?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    Options

But would you actually prefer cavegirl? Or are we going for caveperson? And during the Clan of the Cave Bear era, did Cave People refer to themselves as People and to their Caves as Caves? What would happen during a cave-in? Or during an ex-cave-a-tion? :innocent:
  • snickerscharlie
    edited February 2020
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

But would you actually prefer cavegirl? Or are we going for caveperson? And during the Clan of the Cave Bear era, did Cave People refer to themselves as People and to their Caves as Caves? What would happen during a cave-in? Or during an ex-cave-a-tion? :innocent:

Caveat lector.

PS: Clan of the Cave Bear was freaking awesome!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

The real question is, were they wearing this? https://neandertal.co.uk/
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

The real question is, were they wearing this? https://neandertal.co.uk/

Oh gosh. I don't want to know what that smells like...
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options

They were Clan. They called Cro-Magnon The Others. ;)
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I feel like explaining my disagree on the first post.... I was anticipating the later post, thus it was an anticipatory disagree. Having arrived at the later post I see no reason to change that first disagree, mainly on the points raised by others and discussed above.

Some of the hacks seem relatively benign, though a bit... mind space consuming for marginal benefit. Some seem to have the potential to cause some issues for some people: I doubt that everyone in the world would improve their health by taking more magnesium, or am I missing something?

But, I've always wondered about the following (by no means is this the first time I see it and I've always wondered about it) that no-one has ever explained to me in a way I can understand:

People wanting to lose fat talk about improving their digestion. And for the life of me I do not understand the mechanism where you will create an energy deficit and lose fat by being able to extract more calories out of the food that is transiting through your body!

Is it that you will feel so much better and you will be flying through your day increasing your Non-exercise activity thermogenesis (caloric expenditure) because you're no longer feeling bloated? OK. I can understand that! Maybe. But then I would consider this an anti-bloat improvement measure as opposed to an "absorb more nutrients out of my food" measure. And yet most people seem to imply that absorbing more nutrients will be helpful to weight loss.

So yeah. Still at a loss as to how absorbing more nutrients and energy from my food will make me lose weight and the science behind it! :disappointed:

Oh well. I wish everyone success in reaching their goals.

Dispassionately analysing previous knowledge, discarding what is marginal or unhelpful and concentrating on the "base of the pyramid" the stuff that offers real traction towards meeting goals will probably help most of us get closer to reaching our goals.

Take care! :smiley:

I think honestly most people that think fixing digestion will cause weight loss don't have a very deep or structured model in their mind for how it will work. I think instead most people espousing it thing something like, obesity / overweight is bad / a disease, the digestive system is involved in the problem, fix digestion, fix disease. It is kind of an ill-humors / bad elemental balance concept of the body that tends to be how a lot of people think of it. I think to some extent, it might even be our default way of thinking and reasoning about things: we judge things bad or good, and good things fix bad things if good thing has any connection to bad thing.