Ever felt lonely while in a relationship?

2»

Replies

• justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member
    johnbtay3 wrote: »
    My significant other generally feels this way while I'm farting around on this forum

Maybe replacing farting with burping would help...?
  • justanotherguy2020
    justanotherguy2020 Posts: 223 Member
    Hmm... yes. I think that to some degree, it's normal and expected. You will not always see eye-to-eye or get along. You may grow apart or want different things after years together. If you can communicate, you can usually (not always) get through it and work a compromise or at least communicate things that need to be worked on.

The problem is when you can't communicate because the person is too sensitive, too overbearing or otherwise hindered by their own reactions to things.

I've been married for aaaaaaaalmost 14 years this year and there is both an emotional and physical loneliness that occurs from time to time. Physical because my spouse deploys pretty regularly, so I'm left solo-parenting for 6 months out of the year, or a few weeks here and there. Emotional/mental because while we love one another, he and I are two very different people both in personality and backgrounds.

I think the issue for loneliness is if the loneliness vastly overtakes the good times. If you constantly feel alone, neglected, dismissed or manipulated, that's a giant red flag and you should address your concerns (if possible) and set boundaries. If things don't improve, leave. No one deserves through that kind of loneliness and heartache.

Best response so far. I totally resonate with it
  • SFnBald
    SFnBald Posts: 134 Member
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    I thought that how everyone feels..LOL
    *shrugs*

We aren’t supposed to. At least that’s what I thought
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    I always end up feeling like this. :/
  • Mov3mor3
    Mov3mor3 Posts: 96 Member
    I think I am guilty of craving too much attention sometimes.
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Tell your story...

Yes my last relationship. She worked alot,but i respected her for working alot. It when she would leave in morning an asking if i could go she replies no. Then when we together she would turn into a phone zombie. So i felt i was better of alone.
  • wwwtheselion11
    Yes, that’s why you should take a secret lover.

Doesn't really fix the problem though. Might as well leave the relationship and then find someone new.

That's what's she is doing
  • wwwtheselion11
    johnbtay3 wrote: »
    My significant other generally feels this way while I'm farting around on this forum

You have gas also? I just FARTED
  • wwwtheselion11
    Tell your story...

Yes my last relationship. She worked alot,but i respected her for working alot. It when she would leave in morning an asking if i could go she replies no. Then when we together she would turn into a phone zombie. So i felt i was better of alone.

There's more to this story, but i will leave it there. It was abusive relationship with her calling me names also
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    I thought that how everyone feels..LOL
    *shrugs*

Yeah, from time to time..... I'm thinking 'everyone', or at least 'most everyone'.