Best anti-inflammatory food choices?

I know sugar does terrible things to our inflammation. :( Are there other pro/con foods that you'd recommend eating or avoiding when dealing with inflammation? Thanks!!

Replies

• GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Lots of green vegetables! Leafy ones (spinach, chard, kale, lettuces etc) and other green vegs (broccoli, asparagus, etc - whatever you like). Every day! It has helped me.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    Avocado
    Olive oil

There’s no magic pill. Do I feel better since I added avocado to my diet and switched to home made olive oil salad dressing because it’s true? Or is it my imagination? Don’t know.

I never ate avacado. Now I’m a regular. I ditched the fake mayo spread and started putting abacado on sandwiches. Try some olive oil with white balsamic vinegar salad dressing. Tasty.
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Turmeric and garlic are good for inflammation. Dairy and gluten can be culprits in terms of causing it (at least for me).
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    The things that make my inflammation worse:

-sugar
    -beer
    -anything salty like chips or pretzels or restaurant food in general
    -starchy carbs like pasta/mac and cheese, bread in excess (a couple slices a day is NBD)
    -sometimes really cheap wine will do it for me too :(

The one thing I have found that really helps my inflammation is an electrolyte drink. I personally drink powerade zero, but there are other options like gatorade, or even a powder you can add to water. I tried turmeric pills but did not notice a difference.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    The things that make my inflammation worse:

-sugar
    -beer
    -anything salty like chips or pretzels or restaurant food in general
    -starchy carbs like pasta/mac and cheese, bread in excess (a couple slices a day is NBD)
    -sometimes really cheap wine will do it for me too :(

The one thing I have found that really helps my inflammation is an electrolyte drink. I personally drink powerade zero, but there are other options like gatorade, or even a powder you can add to water. I tried turmeric pills but did not notice a difference.

Sugar and salt for me as well. I read that caffeine may be a culprit, so I quit coffee a couple of weeks ago too. I started taking turmeric supplements and glucosamine/chrondrotin supplements. I’m seeing a little improvement, but it’s too early (couple of weeks) to tell. I’ll try the Powerade. Anything is worth a try.