Options
2»

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    a week post anaesthetic??

gee, that is very conservative.

I think the general rule for most surgery here is 24 hours - moot point for thyroid surgery as you are going to be in hospital for at least 24 hours anyway.

My husband picked me up from hospital but I was driving next day - ie had surgery Tues and was driving on Thursday.
    It very much depends on the surgery and type of anesthesia. For my ovarian surgery it was 2 weeks, and I definitely needed the whole time. I didn’t feel normal for almost a month after surgery. Deep anesthesia actually has lingering effects on IQ months after surgery.
  • pslansky
    pslansky Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow folks! Everyone is so helpful. I can’t tell you enough how grateful I am for all the responses. I have an Endo appointment tomorrow at 9am for follow-up. #AnnPt77 thanks for the article. Being in an engineering field I thrive on learning. New information and new data points always help me understand and cope with challenges. I read through the article you posted, and definitely need to go through it a few more times to really unpack everything that is in there. I do feel like it helped me prepare to ask my doctor the right questions. #rheddmobile great idea about talking to the anesthesiologist about my past experiences. I’m sure they can make adjustments. My wife will definitely be there, last time she had to stop the nurses from giving me insulin while I was waking up since I was only pre-diabetic and not on insulin. I’m encouraged by everyone’s testimonies and experiences. Thanks again, y’all are awesome!!!