Help needed

Options
Hey guys,
I'm a 5'5 female who weighs 68 kgs. I'm 21 and new to this world.
Can somebody please suggest me a diet plan consisting of 1200 calories a day.
Also, feel free to tell me something that would help me.
Thank you
Regards

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    My doctor likes the Mediterranean diet. Minimize processed/refined foods, eat whole foods as much as possible (more fiber, more satisfying, less desire to overeat generally, and more vitamins remain.)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'm a 5'5 female who weighs 68 kgs. I'm 21 and new to this world.
    Can somebody please suggest me a diet plan consisting of 1200 calories a day.
    Also, feel free to tell me something that would help me.
    Thank you
    Regards

You don't need a "plan." Instead learn about the calories, realistic portion sizes, and nutrients of the food you enjoy eating on a regular basis. Measure and log your current diet.

Example - I was a regular cold cereal eater for breakfast. However, upon measuring out a serving of cereal (waaaay smaller than I anticipated) and finding out that cold cereal is not filling (to me) for any length of time.....I changed my breakfast habits.

Protein, fiber, and fat are filling components BUT no one can tell you what is filling to you.

Learning what to change, and why you are making changes will help you with maintenance. Learning is the key to keeping weight off for good.

Just so you know - 1200 calories (before exercise) is the default minimum calories for a woman. That number is based on your weekly weight loss goal. If you don't feel satiated at 1200, just adjust your weekly weight loss goal to something a bit smaller. Unless you are elderly & sedentary, or very short & sedentary, you don't have to go as low as 1200....for you, it's a choice.