Month 1 Success

Options
SW - 332
CW - 316
I’m 6’2

Down 16 pounds the first month. I’m vegetarian and dairy free. I gave up dairy and eggs beginning of the month. I’ve been a vegetarian for 23 years.
I had few meals where I did have pizza etc. not a bad start. Last week I started to walk 3 miles a day... some days more if I can.
My goal weight is 190. Long way to go but I am starting to enjoy the process and details of the journey. thanks to all of you that respond to my posts and feedback.

Replies

• fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it going.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You've got this. All it comes down to is calories and it sounds like you are being healthy as well which is so good!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Niiiiice work! Congratulations.
  • gaidiesr
    gaidiesr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started by watching the scale tip close to 300 pounds (298) in May of 2017. Started swimming every day for 45 minutes in the morning 5:00 AM start before work. Did not watch calories as I never have. Retired in 2018 at weight of 265 so some good progress. kept busy watched my diet, somewhat, but still way to big for a 6'2" frame. Started working out seriously in November of 2019 and started researching weight loss, diet, exercise and began tracking. I had a goal to hit 220 pounds by March 2020. even though I worked out religiously daily for 2 hours (Cardio & Weights) with a follow up swim of 45 minutes, the weight losing challenge continues. As of today I was 231 pounds and with my calorie deficit I am consistently under 1500 calories. I don't think I will hit my target by March as planned,but, I am seeing progress and enjoy the challenge. My ideal weight according to the BMI etc is 189 pounds which I haven't weighed since i was 18, so I'm targeting to hit 200 pounds by August. That will be difficult as BBQ and beers are the staple foods of summer. Wish me luck. ;-)
    BTW I really enjoy MFP as it is interesting to track and see the trends.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!