Is decaf and diet soda as bad as they say?

Options
I'm trying to cut some toxins from my diet so I have changed to decaf. I have the odd diet coke but a friend of mine was telling me that there are more toxins in diet soda and decaf than in the real thing. I'm a bit confused I didn't know this but I also don't know if I should believe this either.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I hope not...*slups diet coke*

in all seriousness I have heard the same thing...and about coke...coffee that's another story who would ever ever dis coffee....it's like saying bacon is bad.

It doesn't affect my like of it and I drink it when I want both of them coffee and diet coke.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Almost anything can be toxic if you consume enough of it.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    they are prob referring to the artificial sugars that are used in diet soda.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Water is fatal, at a certain amount!! Everything in moderation.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the clean eaters bragade, there is nothing wrong with having regular coffee and diet coke in your diet, its all about controling your portions and let your body worry about these so called "toxins"
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the clean eaters bragade, there is nothing wrong with having regular coffee and diet coke in your diet, its all about controling your portions and let your body worry about these so called "toxins"
    ^^
    Agree.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    Options
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    what toxins are you cutting?
  • VeeSis
    VeeSis Posts: 23
    Options
    I gave up coffee - it was a bloody nightmare for the first 4-5 days, but not because of the caffeine, because of the only way I liked my coffee - strong with LOTS of cream. Not even Half n' Half...heavy whipping cream. Then, I heard somewhere that I should give up caffeine period, so I gave up cokes and only drank diet Sprite, etc. My new doctor claims however, that ANYTHING in moderation is fine, just read the label. She's adamant about NO aspertame. (In anything) Some long medical, chemical explanation. Said just read the labels and pick some other sugar substitute.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    No, decaf is safe not bad