Restarting

Hey all! I've been on this journey since 2011 when I hit 235lbs. Managed to get down to 165 now I'm back up to 188.

Last year I had a surgery to stop my periods as well as had an IUD. After that I lost motivation once I saw the scale starting to climb up even though I was doing the exact same thing post surgery. Then in September after seeing no changes I have up completely.

It's now February and I'm still struggling to get that motivation and that fire back that I used to have. I'm tired of feeling tired and not having any energy. I wanna get back to the gym but it's hard to get that push to go. Plus a friend had gone thru a similar surgery and she struggled to lose weight also.

I have a spare tire I would love to get rid of as do most people. However I am making better food choices and are logging a lot more than I used to. So hopefully I can get the motivation to.go back to the gym again!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Welcome back.

One day, one meal, one choice at a time. :flowerforyou:
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    I'm on third time's the charm, but this is the first time I'm including the gym.

Motivation is fleeting. Make a decision, put it in your planner or phone, then do it. Even if it's 20 or 30 mins, just go get it done. If you have to, think of it like doing the laundry or paying bills.. we don't necessarily like it, but if we don't do it, no one will. You'll get back in the swing of things once you get moving again :smiley:
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    I agree with the above. It's about making a decision and sticking to it and do it whether you want to or not. I stopped trying completely last September after a loss of almost 60 pounds at one point, and have regained almost 30 total. I want to lose 25 and jumped back into this just yesterday. I understand how you feel, but we just have to make a decision and do it. One day at a time is a good way to look at it. Thinking we can do it today is the force that gets us started.