My weight loss journey starts today!

Hi, used this app many years ago. My weight has yo-yo'd for 23 years. I have joined countless weight loss groups which have all contributed to making me even fatter as none of them have been sustainable lifestyles. So, starting today with a massive whopping 81 pounds to lose. Tbh, scared of losing motivation but really fed up of how I am at the moment. I have nothing to lose trying this, wish me luck !

Replies

• TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    I had double what you have to lose and I’ve lost over 100lbs. It’s hard but it’s doable — you CAN do this. :)
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    In some ways I consider myself at day 1 every day. I've only been back and forth for 6 years, but I do understand what it's like to give up or just idly let things slide. I had/have 100 lbs to lose (I haven't settled on my UGW as 100-125 lb). Try to add as many friends as you can on here. I find looking at the feed more helpful than going to the forums, but that's just me. Don't be afraid to shake things up. Try different sustainable diets (I regret to call them diets, but it's the most succinct term) until you find one that works for you. If one stops working for you mentally/physically/whatever, try something else but make sure it's otherwise sustainable. Mainly, track your food/calories. You can do this! All falling off the wagon means is hopping back on!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Good luck to you. My goal is 80 pounds lost as well and I am 65 down. I'm lazy about it but I have the patience of a saint so it came off eventually with enough consistency.